New Life New Confidence

red42897
on 3/31/13 10:16 pm
VSG on 08/20/12

Can you tell from the pic below this girl feels like a different person?  Well I do!  SO thankful for having my surgery 7 plus months ago.  

I am thankful that through this journey I have sought a more healthy diet for my kids and I.  We have majorly reduced sugar and processed carb intake in our house.  I use natural sweeteners for them now, honey, real maple syrup, unrefined stuff.  I have significantly reduced any processed foods from our house. That does mean I have to cook more but we all have seen changes from this new way of eating and I am loving it.

I am thankful for all the support I find on here, even just lurking around reading the posts.  I often read the "whatcha eating today" posts for inspiration and to help with food boredom.  

Anyway, guess I felt the need to say the VSG is amazing and is definitely only a tool but I know that for me I couldn't have done this without my tool - which has sparked in me the feeling that I CAN do this, and I can eat healthy and enjoy it.

New pic :)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/840324/Progress/car-jpg/#photo

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

danigirl42
on 3/31/13 11:24 pm - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

Congratulations on all of your success!!!  I know how you feel!

AdeanaMarie
on 4/2/13 12:18 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

You look amazing and so happy!  Changing habits and learning to be healthy has benefits that far out weigh, weight loss.  It helps our thought process, our emotions and it encourages you even more when you see others around you making healthy changes as well.  My mom quit smoking after I had surgery.  She said if I could do this surgery and lose weight, she could quit smoking after smoking for over 40 years.  Guess what?  She has quit cold turkey since May 2012 and is feeling so much better.  So thankful that my healthy lifestyle changes can inspire others.  Keep it up and the journey will take you farther than you ever thought possible!  Enjoy!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views