Finally bought my one way pass to ONEderland, but still can't get excited.

jenngirl
on 4/1/13 4:24 am
VSG on 06/25/12

I started this journey at 330 lbs. I have been struggling the past couple of months to get those last ten pounds off to get me under the 200 lb mark. Well, I did it this weekend. Probably stress induced weight loss, but HEY, I'll take it. I look forward to making it to my next goal, which is in the "overweight" range on the BMI scale, then ultimately my final goal of 150 lbs.

I have been stressed over my first relationship in 13 years, which ended badly after a couple of months. I am not used to dealing with these stressors. I am used to avoiding them altogether by not dating at all. Well, when the relationship was going sour, I grazed, I grazed and I grazed. I grazed out of boredom waiting for phone calls. I wound up not losing any weight and teetering the scales back and forth for almost two months. Then when the relationship ended  a week ago, I was able to get my calories back in check and focus less on food and more on the gym. Instead of food, I have been turning to exercise to occupy my mind. I go to the gym play my music loud and ignore the world for an hour or so.

Anyone else out there going through dating woes since surgery?

jenngirl
on 4/1/13 6:57 am
VSG on 06/25/12

Apparently I am the only member of the broken hearts club!! LOL!!

Shagdoll
on 4/1/13 7:04 am

I'm gonna post here gurl 'cause I love ya. 

Wish you had better luck in the BF dept. because you deserve it & you are looking great!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

jenngirl
on 4/1/13 11:25 pm
VSG on 06/25/12

Thanks Jenn! I miss being on here, and miss catching up with you guys. I guess I am just going to start kissing a lot of toads to try and find my prince. Maybe I'll at least have some fun in the meantime! LOL!

Jennchap
on 4/1/13 7:32 am - CA

Dating is so hard after surgery. Its hard to feel like people see you differently and you feel like you were the same girl all along. Its hard to go through the ups and downs without food as an escape. There are so many new factors to dating, food, your body, your thoughts about "hum would this dude have even looked at me twice before?" but when you find the right guy it works... its just finding him and enjoying life in the mean time. Id say while you are waiting find something else you can lean on during those stressful times, and try to look closely at what didnt work so you can sniff that out earlier next time and avoiding spending too much time on a relationship that wont go where you want it to. Its a rollercoaster babe, but your in the ****** pushing the lil red go button this time..... so go... do it.. live and enjoy it... and maybe even bump uglies along the way, just sayin....

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

jenngirl
on 4/1/13 11:36 pm
VSG on 06/25/12

Ha! You made me laugh. I haven't "bumped uglies" in years. But I look forward to playing the game. He lived three states away so there was NO bumping uglies with him. Maybe I can find someone to enjoy that type of exercise with! LOL!

And I KNOW that no one would have looked at me twice before. Not the way they're looking now. I have never had so much male attention. ALL of which, I have passed up for the past few months when I was talking to him. Might I add, that the male attention I am getting is from MUCH younger MUCH hotter guys anyway. I am going to start playing the game. Can't say I'm getting back in, because I've never done this before. I haven't dated in 13 years!! YIKES!!

AdeanaMarie
on 4/2/13 12:54 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Still having trouble meeting single guys my age that share my faith.  I have tried some on-line sites, but none of the matches seem even close to who I am looking for.  My standards have nothing to do with looks or money, just moral ones, which I am not willing to compromise. 

So still wanting to date, just haven't yet.  Hope to soon!  But I know it could be a roller coaster once I start.  But, I am willing to try!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

TSinNC
on 4/2/13 9:42 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

So sorry you are having a rough time. Congrats on ONEderland, though! That is an amazing accomplishment!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views