In Awe....

deemyers
on 4/2/13 1:20 pm
VSG on 02/05/13

My weight loss has been slow but consistent. Every few days I will drop a pound or so, averaging out between 2-3 pounds per week. Every time I get on my scale I have this dread that this time, just like other occasions, I am going to start seeing it go back up. Every time I find that I am a little lower. It's gotten to the point where I am just in awe of this surgery...I am for the first time, starting to believe that it just might be possible to believe in myself, in this process, in this journey. I am ACTUALLY LOSING WEIGHT...CONSISTENTLY!!! The feelings I am getting right now are a little bit overwhelming. I am grateful. I am happy. I am a slow loser but I am losing and I am proud of it. I am going to be a winner in this battle. omg. I just said it. I am going to be a winner in this battle. Make no mistake, it is a battle, but I am going to wind.

I am beyond myself. Thank you all for listening to me, for being there for me, and to the force that may be God, for this new life.

SuzyNZ
on 4/2/13 1:31 pm, edited 4/2/13 8:31 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Just be prepared that the every day loses WILL stop and sometimes will even go back up a little at times. But that's totally OK and its totally normal.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

five0fan
on 4/2/13 3:32 pm
VSG on 01/25/13

Well,  I would not domment on this except, just today I said to a person I know well, who had VSG in 2009:  I can not beleive you are eating a cookie, 2 actually.    His reply was I know you are doing well now with your VSG and you are on kind of a high horse so enjoy it while it lasts, because it does come to a end at some time.   Interesting, huh?

Highest weight: 302 / Pre-surgery weight: 240              

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/2/13 6:48 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
It comes to an end when one runs out of motivation and puts cookies in one's mouth...yes, I would have to agree with that. There are no miracles really. Just the garbage in, garbage out rule.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

VirgoMommy304
on 4/3/13 2:23 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12

You are doing awesome!  33 pounds in 2 months is incredible :)  You will stall or gain a few pounds at some point, but it is normal and natural.  Even if you prepare yourself and know others go through it, it is still hard to deal with.  We will there for you when it happens though!  Don't give up and be proud and confident for every victory in this wonderful journey :)

~Kristy

M1: 30   M2:13   M3: 10  M4: 9  M5: 20 M6: 9  M7: 4  M8: 6  M9: 4 M10: 5 M11: 10 M12: 7

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views