Advice on buying a swimsuit post VSG

Kabooboo
on 4/4/13 11:52 pm

Hi everyone-

I weighed in at 160 pounds this morning!  Ten or fifteen more pounds and I will be at my goal. I have lost 122 pounds so far, 91 of those pounds since my surgery June 28th.  I am ecstatic with my weightloss!

I am loving buying new clothes! It's such fun when everything fits and looks good. But now, I want to buy a swimsuit. I want to start swimming, which I avoided like the plague at a size 24. But my body has some sagging skin and I know I'm not going to look like a beach babe by any means.

My "fat brain" keeps wanting me to look for the skirted swimsuits, but I am finding they mainly come only in plus sizes. What have you worn for a swimsuit? One piece only, I know I will never be a bikini body. What is a good place to shop for one, either online or in a store? 

ravenbrown
on 4/4/13 11:59 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I don't know how much you want to spend, but I've heard great things about the Spanx swimsuits.  I have one from Old Navy that I really like - black with white polka dots, ruched on the sides, has tummy-holding-in panel for the post baby, deflated stomach I have.  Target usually has some swim dresses in regular sizes if you're looking for something like that.

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 8:16 am

Thanks! I will check out the Spanx swimsuits.

vogue
on 4/5/13 12:06 am
VSG on 08/30/12

Do you have a Burlington nearby??  I purchased a "miraclesuit" there yesterday for $20...  cute, sexy and with built-in SPANX-like material...

I basically looked for something to accentuate the good parts and not so much hide the bad parts because I think trying to hide ( skirts) brings more attention...

AmberK
on 4/5/13 1:32 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

OMG a mircalesuit for $20??? I'm jealous! I was going to order one off line for like $150 :(     I live in a po-dunk town with no Burlington's or anything else for that matter LOL 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 8:17 am

I do have a Burlington nearby. I will definitely go there and see what they have. Thanks!

pineview01
on 4/6/13 7:09 am, edited 4/6/13 7:09 am - Davison, MI

Our Burlington went out of business.  Bummer.  I could never get a suit online.  Some look good and don't fit and sometimes the ugly things look cute on.

My daughter gave me a suit last year she out grew.  It was a Speedo with tummy control and it looked great and not skirt which does just make the thunder thighs look larger.  I was sad when the suit gave out, you now when the material just disintegrated and you can see thru.  I was on a cruise too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

foolishgrrl_1
on 4/5/13 12:18 am
VSG on 03/11/13

Try Newport News (online), they have control suits that are amazing and not as expensive as a Miracle Suit (if you don't have a Burlington nearby).

They have a lot of skirted suits and swimdresses that are modern and in normal sizes.

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 8:18 am

Great suggestion!  I used to get their catalog but completely forgot about them. I will check out their website. Thanks!

AmberK
on 4/5/13 1:31 am, edited 4/5/13 1:34 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

The bathing suits I go with are Miracle Suits . They are VERY expensive, but so worth it. They are made out of a material that just sucks it all in. Also, I have large girls and it's the only bathing suit that will hold them up and not let them hang to my knees. You can look them up on line, but I know Dillards will have a select few.......not sure if you have one of those near you? 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views