NSV--Running!

louisamay
on 4/4/13 6:56 am, edited 4/4/13 6:58 am
VSG on 04/27/12

My grandmother had bad knees, and my own knees have been bad to "pop" all my life. Not constantly, but occasionally. I remember running a mile or so when I was in my early 20s and it being "easy" and looked back after I gained weight and wished I'd kept it up.

Recently I've done a lot of walking--have been amazed at how easy walking is, unlike before when I got overheated, out of breath, and developed plantar fasciitis plus various other pains. Now I can take off walking and go a few miles w/o it being a problem.

The other day I turned on my Wii Fit and put it on "free run" for 30 minutes.  I muted the tv, stuck the control in my pocket, and listened to an audiobook while I ran in figure eights around the room.

Afterward I was frustrated because my fitbit does no record my steps accurately when I'm running, and I have no idea how many steps I actually ran. I know it was more than I got credit for, though!

It was only today--days later--that it hit me.

I ran for 30 minutes without slowing down, without gasping, while holding 2 pound weights in each hand--

And the only reason I stopped was because the 30 minutes was up!  Not because I was worn out, because I couldn't take another step, because I had to stop or drop.

Just because the session ended.

I DIDN'T EVEN GET SORE! NOT EVEN MY KNEES.

Peeps, I'm 59 years old.

I don't know myself any more.  LOL!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Jls8877
on 4/4/13 8:12 am
Great job!
MuttLover
on 4/4/13 9:18 am
VSG on 11/14/12

YAY!  Keep up the good work!  It's weird that one day we just notice those aches and pains that used to plague us daily are gone!   Horray!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views