Stall Broken and a Recipe!

Rms928
on 4/7/13 12:43 am
VSG on 03/20/13

My two week post op stall finally broke.  I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2 lbs. Finally!  I think it's because I increased my calories, my protein and my water intake.  In the process I came up with a simple and tasty recipe for puréed beef.   It's really a tasty alternative for those of us in the puréed stage of our new lives. 

1 pound stew beef (lean chuck)

1 large onion

1 cup chicken stock

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste

I simply cut the stew beef onto 1 inch cubes.  Browned them in a 2 qt sauce pan in a little cooking spray.  Slice and add the onion to the beef and coo****il tender. Add salt, pepper and the garlic powder and then cover with the chicken stock. I covered and simmered the beef for 3 hours. Yes, I said 3 hours. I said it was easy, not quick. Check every now and then to add more stock if needed. 

Once the meat is tender, purée it using some of the cooking liquid in a food processor.  The recipe yields about eight two ounce servings.  Each serving has about 115 calories, 15 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat and only 2 grams of carbs.  This is good dense source of protein. I find it easy on my sleeve and it keeps my full and satisfied for quite a while. 

Enjoy!

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

LolaB
on 4/7/13 9:11 am - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

Yay for the break in your stall! Your soup sounds good. The first post op food that I tolerated well was a pureed homemade soup.

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views