I am one of the lucky ones!

SuzaQue
on 4/9/13 1:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

I was sleeved on Sat by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali.  The whole experience was first class even my skeptic of a husband was impressed.  I am a revision from from band to sleeve.  The Dr. said there was was quite a bit of scar of tissue and he felt that I would not have any problems.  I feel great!  no pain, just a little discomfort in my lower back from riding 4 hrs in the car on the trip home.  I am able to drink my fluids easily and for dinner had a small serving of Unjury protein broth (I added a little garlic and onion powder).  I am a little tired and am looking forward to sleeping in my bed with my pillow tonight!  Will start getting everything on track tomorrow morning.

Preop diet start  /VSG Surgery / Current / Goal
               286                 277            219       165

Lapband / Lowest wt LB unfilled because of problems

286                  250

Highest:     302

serenity1959
on 4/9/13 3:11 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

That is awesome!    I am hoping that *my* skeptic of a husband will be impressed, too.   Sounds like you are doing great.    Did you  have pain after the surgery?    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

SuzaQue
on 4/9/13 9:45 pm - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

Not really.  I did ask for a pain med the first night but I think it was more the thought then really needing it.  I did ask for the sleeping pill each night because I wanted to be well rested. Tonight was first night home and I wish I had that sleeping pill.

286                  250

Willowbeez
on 4/9/13 11:08 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Congratulation!  Prayers for a speedy recover.

BREAZA
on 4/10/13 2:55 am
VSG on 04/24/13

So glad to hear that! Dr. Aceves is doing my surgery as well so I hope I have the same experience as you. My husband is another skeptic, so I hope after seeing the hospital and its staff he'll feel a bit better. I did my research and have no doubts. :)

Did your mouth dry up and is there anything you suggest I take for my stay at the hospital? I heard some take Gas X strips, chapstick, and Chloraseptic spray for their throat.

Again, so happy your recovery is going well and that you are back home and ready for your new journey!! Best wishes!

SuzaQue
on 4/10/13 4:57 am - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

Definitely take a heating pad and Gas X strips but instead of Chloraseptic I wished I had had Bioten gel or mouthwash because for the first 24 hours all you can do is wash your mouth out...NO Swallowing and your mouth is very dry.  In my suitcase, I had 2 prs pjs, robe, slippers, heating pad, Gas X, Anti-bacterial wash to shower the morning before surgery, shampoo, the usual hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.  Pretty bare bones...I am not a fussy person

The anti-bacterial wash is not required by Dr. Aceves but when I got the band put in, it was required by my U.S. Dr. so I figured it could'nt hurt.

286                  250

BREAZA
on 4/10/13 6:21 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Thank you - I'll definitely add that to my list! :)

Miss150
on 4/10/13 5:06 am
So glad to hear of your successful WLS. Wishing you continued success and health.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views