Stalled but not complaining!

Tnull
on 4/12/13 10:19 pm

I have reached my first stall, BUT I am not complaining.  My size 18 jeans are getting looser, and my husband finally admitted this morning that he can tell I'm losing weight.  It's so odd.  He did not want me to have this surgery, and now he even acts weird about how I'm looking better.  I'm thinking that he likes me fat and ugly.  He has never seen me at less than 250 before my surgery.  I guess he will end up insecure about my new found health, but that's his problem.  He may have to go to a therapist to deal with his issues.  Hmmmmmmm......I think my mental health is getting better.   Deal with it Hubs!

Nikke2003
on 4/12/13 11:04 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on your first stall lol (it's not everyday you tell someone that haha), I'm glad you have the right attitude. I'm also glad that your husband is finally noticing.... I still don't think mine has after 90 lbs! He keeps giving me the "I see you everyday" excuse. There has to come a point where he notices, right?

Sorry to hear that he wasn't supportive of you getting the surgery. This definitely sounds like his problem, I just hope it doesn't become a bigger problem. Men tend to hate change (at least all the men I know), so it's possible that he's uncomfortable with that.... hang in there!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

datachick
on 4/12/13 11:46 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Sorry your husband sucks but THANK YOU for NOT COMPLAINING! After reading this board and attending our WLS support group, I already learned to not focus on these weight changes and stalls, and that has saved me tons of mental anguish. Just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and it'll all work out great. Thankfully my wife also got the surgery (Gastric Bypass though) about 2 weeks after I did, and it's been great that both of us are in this together. I don't know how I'd have made it on my own or with a semi- or non-supportive spouse. Maybe you can hook up with a WLS buddy in your local support group or something. It makes a world of difference to be able to report the tiniest of things ("I can wipe my butt!", "I can wear my shoes with laces again!") and get immediate and excited acknwledgement from someone who UNDERSTANDS.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

buzybee7
on 4/13/13 7:27 am - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

I have recently hit my first stall too.  I am not complaining either.  I see it as just another step in this journey.  I plan on keeping up with my diet and exercise and I know the scale will move again soon.  I am very proud of how far I have come so far!  I am 4 weeks post-op and have lost 26 pounds since surgery and a total of 64 since I started my pre-op diet in January.  I'm sorry to hear that the hubs is not so supportive about your weight loss.  My husband just had his VSG 3 days ago so we are on the same journey.  Hope your hubs can find some appreciation for your new self! 

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

Tnull
on 4/13/13 8:52 am

Thanks and congrats to all of us!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views