Anyone similar to me??

SAHM2four
on 4/12/13 11:48 am
VSG on 06/17/13

I am going to be 42 this year, and have had 4 kids (oldest is 8, youngest is 16 months) I am scheduled to have the sleeve June 17th and want to lose at least 100 lbs... I am relatively youthful looking.... my question is... anyone with my stats have skin that still has elasticity?  I already know I will need a tummy tuck just based on my pregnancies, but I am wondering about legs and arms and butt.

Thanks in advance

Jls8877
on 4/12/13 1:01 pm
I'm 35, no biological kids (3 adopted) but carried my weight in my middle. I have lots of stretch marks on my stomach. I have lost 108#'s so far. I have 8 more until I reach the high end if my goal range. I'm 5'8, currently 158 lbs and want to be 140-150. My arms are fine, legs are good up to top of thighs ( a bit of loose skin but manageable). My stomach and boobs (preop bra 42 G, currently 36 DDD) are very saggy. There is a lot of extra skin in my abdomen but not enough for insurance to cover any plastic surgery. I hope to get a TT and breast lift or upper body lift after I maintain my loss and am in my goal range for 6-12 months.
Hope this was helpful. Best wishes!
Jls8877
on 4/12/13 1:03 pm
I should also say that my butt is flat and a bit saggy. I have always had a flat butt. Now there is less and it sags
missthingg
on 4/13/13 1:26 am - memphis, TN
I'm just curious, how much exercise did you do? I have the same stats as you.
Jls8877
on 4/13/13 5:09 am
In the beginning, I walked 2-3miles about 4 days/week. I stopped for about 1-2 months and then I decided if I didn't work my sleeve than I wasted my time. I started walking again and then would try to run a bit. That was in January. Now, Im running 5 days a week and walk a few of those days too. I can run 4-6 miles.
I do need to include lifting weights but I don't belong to a gym. I plan to do that in the summer.
Hope this helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 448 views