Vets and people who have been around for awhile--what had you forgotten?

louisamay
on 4/14/13 2:20 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Yesterday I bought cottage cheese for the first time in months. I'd been a totally Greek yogurt girl--with SF Torino syrup it had become my go-to for protein.  And I eat a lot of it. A LOT.

I took my first bite of cottage cheese and OMG--it tasted so GOOD.  I'd forgotten how much I loved it back when I first got my sleeve almost a year ago.  I still love it.

And I was astonished to find that it fills me better than Greek yogurt and also I have no desire to add syrups to it. I love it just the way it is. (Confession: I eat 2% low fat, not fat-free.)

Finally, it makes me feel satiated sooner, with less volume and fewer calories, and makes me feel full longer. It doesn't trigger me to want more just because it tastes good the way the syrups in Greek yogurt do.

I'm thrilled to remember something I already knew.

What have you had to remember or learn again? Please share. We can remind each other or give everybody new ideas in case they need them.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

dianne220
on 4/14/13 2:49 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

I remembered a meal that is so simple that I had forgotten!  It is the deli meat with 1/2 slice of cheese with onions, avacados, jalapenos, hot peppers, tomatoes, lettuces, pickles, etc.  You just roll it up.  I eat 2 of them for a meal.  So easy and simple.  I talked about them at support group and people had forgotten them.  Just add what you like.  

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

RhondaRoo
on 4/14/13 3:21 am - OH
remember when we were in mushies, and we would take the cottage cheese with spag. sauce--yummmmm
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

AmberK
on 4/14/13 3:55 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

I re-discovered carbmasters yogurt by kroger brand. I had totally forgot how good they are and with only 4 carbs and 8 protein, my fridge is now packed with them. They give me that boost of sweet that I like plus some good protein! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Ms Shell
on 4/14/13 4:28 am - Hawthorne, CA

I make it a point to VARY everything I eat.  I walk down the isles and buy various things.  Usually change it up monthly.  Never afraid to try a new recipe either.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

sleevegirl
on 4/14/13 5:56 am - Austin, TX

Hard boiled eggs (pickled, yummy!)

Eggface's ricotta bake and her bites too :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views