2 Year Surgiversary Post - With Pics Galore!

Chris Waffle
on 4/15/13 1:37 am, edited 4/15/13 1:40 am - Cypress, CA

Hey there, everyone!  The Waffleking is back and it's my 2 year surgiversary today! Wow, time flies when you're stretching your sleeve! I kid..I kid...kind of.  Anyway, I always loved when the people who were a few years out checked in on how thing were going years down the road, so here I am!  Living life with the sleeve and being in it to win it!

So how am I doing? Well, at this point I'm definitely fighting complacency with the weight loss. There was a time after my first year where I thought, "Oh yeah, I got this. Piece of cake. I can eat whatever, party all weekend and most importantly, never have to worry abou****ching my weight again!" I mean, I was skinny and that's what skinny people do, right? Eat crappy and sit around all day?  I'm not sure what I was really thinking but now I know that I will have to stay vigilant for the rest of my life or I could easily gain it back. So I've been bouncing around about 10 lbs up and down from where I want to be.  I started a new circuit training exercise program last week that is really kicking my ass but it's also kind of fun.  I need that exercise even though I hate exercising. 

As I look back on the past two years, here are some tips and things I learned:

• If you can, before your surgery, make a video of yourself talking to your new skinny self, reminding the skinny version of how you feel right now. I really wish I had done that.  Once you get used to the new way you look, it can be easy to forget where you came from.
  • Your loose skin may still be bouncing back after a year an a half.  Mine is all done now but It was still moving and shrinking after a year and a half out. If you can hold on on plastics, I would.
  • I can eat a LOT more.  It's scary!  Make those good habits of eating slowly.  I struggle with this part a lot.
  • Once you get to goal, KEEP MAKING GOALS.  This is so important and the best way to fight complacency.  I had accomplished all my original goals by the end of last year.  I need to make new ones to keep focused on my new healthy life.
  • I was not prepared for the different way strangers and family/friends would treat me after such a rapid weight change. Coping skills for this part is important.  Don't be afraid to seek out professional coaching/therapy if needed.

Now, on to the pics!  First, for those who weren't around when I was so popular on this board, here's a couple of before pics.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Doing my favorite past time back in the day - sitting on a couch.

Performing my comedy-rock duo with my brother

Now, here are some current pics.

I can rock the stage much harder without getting out of breath now

Sitting on Santa's Lap!

Having a neck = being able to wear a scarf

Tearing up the dance floor! I got the moves like Jagger! 

Easter fun!

As you can see, sitting on laps is a new favorite activity I have now.  I really hope that everyone out there is rocking there sleeve and if you have any questions, I'm always lurking!  To those sitting on the fence about the surgery,  I have NO REGRETS!

Time to celebrate my two years out!  Who wants wine and cupcakes?

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

Shagdoll
on 4/15/13 1:46 am

Awe **** Chris, don't show me wine & cupcakes!!!  2 of my favorite things!!!! 

You look great & congrats on your 2 years!!!  Everyone earlier out than us need to remember it ain't always easy, even with a little sleeve.  It sure makes it easier though to get back on track when we need to, especially by going back to basics.  You will get those bouncy pounds off, I am ... we can do this!

Lurk?  Don't just lurk, POST!!!  Well, do whatever you want WaffleKing ... just keep rockin' it!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Chris Waffle
on 4/15/13 2:03 am - Cypress, CA

Oh man, those cupcakes were sooooo good!  Thank you and yes, I'm finally getting it through my thick skull that this journey means a lifetime of vigilance for me. But that's okay, it's totally worth it. 

I'll try to post more if I can!  But there's so many laps to sit on!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

kathyslife3
on 4/15/13 1:47 am - CA

looking good, congratulations.....

Chris Waffle
on 4/15/13 2:04 am - Cypress, CA

Thank you!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

loverofcats
on 4/15/13 1:47 am

You look AWESOME! Good job. Awareness is key to success, complacency will bring back the weight.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Chris Waffle
on 4/15/13 2:04 am - Cypress, CA

Thank you! I feel awesome!  And you are so right!  Complacency is the enemy!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

BigJohn78
on 4/15/13 1:58 am - Spring, TX
VSG on 10/01/10 with

Congrats on your two years my friend, you have done an outstanding job and are lookin good!! 

It was great to see you on here so don't be a stranger!

HW:340lbs.  SW:310lbs.  GW:220lbs.  CW:190lbs.  WL:150lbs.
                        Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                     http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

***WWAD***

Chris Waffle
on 4/15/13 2:05 am - Cypress, CA

Thank you, sir!  I appreciate that. It's great to see you too!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Willowbeez
on 4/15/13 2:07 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

You look friggin awesome!  Thanks for the much needed inspiration!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views