A drop of kindness, generosity, empathy....

swizzlequeen
on 4/15/13 2:16 pm

Hello my OH Friends!

Today's events in Boston break my heart.

I feel so helpless in the face of such evil. What to do? It seems so overwhelming, so powerful.

But it is things like this Obesity Help board that give me hope.

Here we are, strangers from around the world, -- a very messy, violent, ugly world -- and we reach out to each other. We are of differing nationalities, colors, religions, viewpoints; yet we take the time to listen to each other with compassion and empathy. With kinship. We recognize that we have mu*****ommon, and that we need each other's wisdom and comfort so that we can have a chance to succeed in the very challenging project that we have undertaken with our weight loss surgeries.

Somehow, I believe that this kindness that we show each other is a counterbalance to the daily horror, the mayhem.

Please don't stop the gentleness of your participation, even when it comes in the form of firm words sometimes.

We do never know how an act of kindness can be a force for continuing healing and good...

People with WLS eat in little bites. Those little bites nourish us. So, too, can "little bites" of kindness heal us, and heal the world...maybe in bigger ways than we might think...

I hope that you enjoy this little story as much as I did today. It is a little drop of medicine for me today.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-upbeat/woman-seeks-stranger-paid-wedding-54-years-ago-204904939.html

i wish you all peace this evening.

Love, Swizzlequeen

Sleeveless
on 4/15/13 5:17 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Thank you for the sweet message, SwizzleQueen. It is surely welcome on days like today.

sheranfour
on 4/15/13 9:32 pm

Amen

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
SophieNJ
on 4/15/13 9:48 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

thank you for your message...I feel helpless also....

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 122 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 355 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views