3 years postop today! started at 354 lbs..

Dawnie 88
on 4/15/13 9:55 pm

Hello! Just stopping in to say Hi..and share some pics to help motivate those maybe just beginning this journey. I had my sleeve April 16th, 2010...3 years ago today.  I lost my first 100 pounds in 5 mths, 132 lbs in 9 mths..and the remainder by 18 mths postop and have maintained since.

I have never had any issues with acid reflux. My surgery was one night, 6 incisions..no drains..easy recovery. I remember having some very emotional times within that first 6 wks after surgery, wondering what the heck had i done to myself. Now..I am so thankful!

I love feeling 'normal'..not having to worry about going out and being stared at, or going to a restaurant and wondering if the seats have arms on them..or if i could fit into a booth. I didn't involve myself in many parts of life because of my weight. I couldn't even walk the grocery store without a cart to lean on when my back started aching horrible. I couldn't stand and finish the dishes without having to sit and rest because my back hurt so bad. I couldn't bend to paint my toe nails. So many things that people take for granted.  I am very thankful that all of these things are now in the past.

I refuse to ever go back! I had a great surgeon..who made my sleeve very small and tight.  My restriction is still wonderful.  I cannot eat more than 2-1/2 oz of protein for a meal still.  I cannot drink for at least 20 min or so after i eat or i will feel physically ill. My breakfast is one egg..and a half piece of toast. Dinner..one boneless skinless chicken tenderloin..a few bites of veggie..that's it.

I have drank regular Pepsi since about 8 mths postop (don't recommend..but this is me). I think i was looking for something to replace the food that i was missing..and liquids go down easy..taste good..so i started drinking it and got hooked.

I weight myself every day, just to make sure i never gain a pound.  I don't exercise, but I am much more active than i ever was before. I park further away and walk..etc..

I began this journey in a size 32 jeans and 4xl tops. Today..a size 11 Juniors jeans..and medium/large tops. I believe a size 10 could fit me now..my 12 womans are loose enough to slide off me while still buttoned and zipped..lol  My shoe size went from 11W to a 9...ring size 11 to a 7-1/2 or 8.

I did get divorced, which they say can happen after weight loss surgery.  I do believe some of it had to do with my weight loss. I finally felt able to make choices for me, not settle with being unhappy..go after what i want in life. I ended a marriage of almost 13 yrs. We ended as great friends and are just wanting to make the split easy on our 12 yr old.  I have been dating a man now for a few mths and am extremely happy in life..life is GOOD!!

Here's a few pics...

some before and current face pics...
I was 40 in the before pics...I will be 43 in August...

some before and current body pics...

Angie_lbc
on 4/15/13 10:15 pm - CA
VSG on 03/05/13 with
AMAZING
Dawnie 88
on 4/15/13 10:33 pm

thank you!

kimberleyann
on 4/15/13 10:25 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada

Great Post. Always a positive thing to hear from vets out there. Congratulations on your new life.

Dawnie 88
on 4/15/13 10:34 pm

thank you!

nuyou
on 4/15/13 10:31 pm

You Look Fabulous!! Cant wait til I get there

Dawnie 88
on 4/15/13 10:34 pm

You will get there!!!

Yocie
on 4/15/13 10:35 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

Congratulations, such a happy ending for you.

slatond
on 4/15/13 10:43 pm

You look INCREDIBLE!!!!...

ravenbrown
on 4/15/13 10:50 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You look beautiful!