This is what a "normal" BMI looks like

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 1:20 am - Northern, CA

People ask a lot about how to set a goal weight and also what it means to be a normal BMI. I put together this series of pictures of me at different weights, all of which were a normal BMI so you could see how you can look differently at the same weight and also what kind of range "normal" allows for. 

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2013/04/this-is-what-nor mal-bmi-looks-like.html

Hope you find it interesting!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MomofMarch
on 4/18/13 1:30 am - GA

That is very enlightening. You look great! I'm not really focusing on BMI as my goal. I'm more focused on getting to a weight that I can be happy with. Isn't that what all of this is about? Finding a good weight where we are happy and healthy? :) Thank you for posting this!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 5:25 am - Northern, CA

I'm lucky in that what weight I look good at happens to be in the normal range so I don't have to deal with "I think I took good but the scale says I'm 'overweight'" but I'm hoping people will also get out of these pictures that the number on the scale doesn't really tell the whole story and you do really need to look at what you look like and not worry so much about the number.

Jls8877
on 4/18/13 1:36 am
I love this post for so many reasons! I learned a lot from it too. I'm a "normal" BMI at 23.9 but still feel a but "pudgy" so am still in weight loss mode. I hope to drop to the 21.5-22 BMI range.
Marioksig
on 4/18/13 6:03 am - Santa Clara, CA

Love this post! I see you are from Northern CA and into Triathlons. I am staring my Trui journey and would love to chat!

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 9:08 am - Northern, CA

There are a bunch of us in the Exercise and Fitness forum. Have you checked it out?

PaulaToronto
on 4/18/13 9:00 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks, this is what I needed to hear right now.  I am just a couple of pounds away from a normal BMI and at times I feel like a failure. I know this is a ridiculous mindf*** but for some reason it bothers me.  I am back to lower calories etc. trying to lose again to get to 145 and then try maintenance in a different  and better way I hope than I did 4 months ago.

When I first went into maintenance my clinic told me to stop losing and to up my calories to 1200 from 800. I followed that advice and of course gained and have continued to gain and lose over and over.  I am determined this time to get to where I really want to be 145 and then just add 100 calories more per wee****il I see where I can maintain more securely.  Any other hints?

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 9:10 am - Northern, CA

Exercise? mail

The difference between me at 125 and pudgy and me at 125 and ripped was definitely exercise. Plus I could eat 2000+ calories a day when I was training for an Ironman!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views