NSV at 2.5 years out: I ran a 5K!

michellemj
on 4/17/13 11:30 pm

I don't post too often, but will comment here and there...and now that I'm 2.5 yrs out, life is more about living and maintaining.

I recently started CrossFit (high intensity, bootcamp style workouts) and I enjoy it, but it is intense and every workout is a challenge. In general, workouts consist of lifting heavy things, pushups, situps, pullups, running short distances (400m at a time), etc. However, yesterday's workout was special. In tribute to the Boston Marathon victims, we had a special super intense workout (they are called "hero WODs"). Basically, we were to run 1.65 miles; then do 4 sets of 15 weighted pushups/rows and 50 crunches (so a total of 60 pushup/rows; 200 crunches); and then run another 1.65 miles.

Um. Thought I was going to die when I read that esp since I've never run more than 1 mile total in any of my workouts and I am most def. not a runner. But I finished. and was not last. :) and more importantly, I can still walk today.

So, in case any one is wondering if you should have the surgery or if life keeps getting better as you get further out, it does.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

melly37
on 4/18/13 12:00 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

So proud of you, Michelle!!  You rock!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

anninva
on 4/18/13 1:37 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

you are truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!  so thrilled for you!!!!  and as a new englander with family in boston -- thank you!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

michellemj
on 4/18/13 1:40 am

:)

As I was running, I was thinking...while I might not be enjoying this, I can DO it. and that's more than others who lost life and limb may be able to say. So my momentary discomfort was nothing in comparison. It's amazing what a little perspective can do to get you through a challenge.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Wildcat-NYC
on 4/18/13 6:44 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Awesome!!!!!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight