Kind of a vent

MomofMarch
on 4/18/13 8:02 am - GA

Our neighborhood trouble maker works with my husband. Last night, he asked how he could go about getting his wife the surgery. They can see a big difference from across the street, apparently. Hubby told him that it takes a lot of dedication, and giving up a lot of things that I used to love. (Chips, sweets, eating whenever and whatever I wanted) The guy told him that his wife sits on the couch and eats chips all day and lives on carbs. He said that she just CAN'T lose the weight. (HELLO?!)

I did the nice, somewhat Christian thing, and I wrote out a small list of prerequisites, and a small list of things that I have to stay away from and things I have to do on a daily basis. I put on that list what my caloric, protein, and carb goals are. I tried to be nice about it, but I also noted that if she's not willing to change her entire lifestyle, she's NOT going to succeed.

The guy said that they were both under the assumption that they could just have whatever she wanted, just in smaller portions. I told hubby to tell him that they both need to do a lot of research and homework and counseling to figure out if this is the right path.

On the brighter side, it made me smile my big cheesy grin to hear that hubby acknowledges how hard this is and how much dedication it takes. Then, the tear jerker, he told me he was proud of me. mail It makes a world of difference when the ones you love notice.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

kellied77
on 4/18/13 8:10 am

That is a good story. You go with your somewhat Christian self......lol.  

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

MomofMarch
on 4/18/13 8:14 am - GA

HAHAHA I don't normally consider myself any one religion. I pray, and I have many beliefs. I am just one of those extremely open minded people. As long as I'm doing right by other people, and not being a complete menace to society, I consider myself in the good. lol

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 12:41 pm - Northern, CA

Aw, that's sweet.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

11Dayzee
on 4/18/13 1:02 pm - Sterling, VA
VSG on 04/11/13

Loved your story.  I bet you will be an inspiration to many people.  I think you provided good advice.  Kuddos to your husband for giving you credit for the great job you are doing and acknowledging your struggle.  Hope you continue to have success!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views