Vitamin Deficiency - EEK!

LISA C.
on 4/18/13 12:17 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12

I'm 14 months out and maintaining an 83 pound loss.  I'm two pounds to goal.

BUT.... my labs show serious deficiencies in my Vitamins B12 and D levels.  I am now taking 50,000 units of Vitamin D weekly for 12 weeks and have to start getting weekly B12 shots for four weeks then monthly shots.  I'm pretty scared about the shots; I read online that they are painful.

This is, of course,my own fault because I haven't been taking my vitamins.  I know, I know... I'm an idiot and deserve what I get!

Let this be a lesson to those of you who are smarter than me... take your vitamins!!!!!!!!!!

msmetha
on 4/18/13 12:24 pm - MO
I get B12 shots and they don't hurt at all..you will be fine..I take vitamin D weekly also
Amy 2bhealthy
on 4/18/13 12:27 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I've been doing the B12 shots myself since surgery 7 months ago. It is weird giving myself shots, but it isn't painful.

I have gotten lazy about taking my vitamins too, guess I'd better get back to them!!

Good luck!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

LISA C.
on 4/18/13 12:45 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12

I'm glad to hear the shots aren't painful for you ladies.... I'm scared!! 

I'm so mad at myself for taking the huge step of having surgery and then failing to follow through with taking my vitamins.  I just figured I wouldn't have any issues and that was that... DUH!   

Suffice it to say I've learned my lesson!

Deckeriv
on 4/18/13 8:16 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I take 10,000 units of Vit D daily, no big deal.

I have been giving myself B12 shots for a year due to pernious anemia.

Once a week, I sit in a chair and stick a needle in my thigh. Takes about 3 minutes start to fini****'s pretty easy to grab a little skin and pinch it then jab in the needle. It doesn't hurt and B12 is very thin so it doesn't hurt at all going in. After two or three times you will lose all fear of it. Within a day, it makes you feel wonderful so it's worth it.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

jacreasy
on 4/18/13 11:51 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Your not alone... I'll be 1 yr post op next Tuesday and I take them when I think about it... So far so good my labs are good! I know, I know it will catch up. Good Luck

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

thinnersinner
on 4/19/13 10:40 am

I think you will do just fine with the shots...you went through a major surgery.  No fear on a little ol' shot! 

Most Active