What i have learded so far about the " stall" almost 6 months out

vabella
on 4/25/13 12:33 pm - TX

My first stall stred about 5 months out.  i was walking 5-6 days a week 1.5 miles a day and was lossing 3-5 lbs a week form my 2nd month out.  lost more the first month.  About 4.5 months out i started zumba and was going 2x a week then i stoped walking and my stall started.  This week i continued to do the zumba 2x a week and i also step up my walking to 1.5 miles so far 2x this week and i have lost 1.5 lbs in only 4 days and i still have 2 more days the walk.  so we will see on sunday what my total loss for this week is.  I stalled at 149 lbs I still have 32.5 lbs to go to my goal.  I feel great now but i will not settle for this weight.  Im still over weight by my bmi and doc said i have to lose 15 more just to be at the high end on normal bmi weight for me.  I will do what it take to get to my goal.  Exerscie is the key to getting to that goal it looks like for me.  I have not changed my eating habits the only thing that has changed was the amount of exerscise so that seem to be my key to my continued weight loss.  I will keep you all updated on my journey and hope every one out there gets passed their stalls.  I learned that my stall was brought on by myself.   If your in a stall take a look to see if you have changed any thing.  If not maybe some kinde of change up in your exersice routine would help.    Hope this helps some of you out there  best of luck.

jenn

jenn

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/13 1:18 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I was the same way. I needed to do exercise at least 5x a week to keep losing at a good pace. 2x a week I meet with a personal trainer for a 1/2 hr of weight resistance and then I follow that session with another 1/2 hr either treadmill or elliptical. The other 3x a week it's an hour of cardio. The heart rate monitor that I use keeps track of the calories burned and I try to be at least 400 for the day. Now that I'm in maintenance I have to figure out how to eat back some of those calories burned so I stop losing weight.
vabella
on 4/25/13 9:09 pm - TX

Thanks for your experience with the dreaded stall.  Im sure there are others out there that have had these along the way.  Hope this helps anyone who experineces the stall.  I hope i can hit my goal as soon as you have.  I still have 32 lbs to go.  Maybe now you can incorporate some carbs before working out go give you the energy for your body to burn and be able to maintain your weight.  Let me know how this works out for you.  I will need this info once i meet my goal.  best of luck

Jenn

Marena G.
on 4/25/13 9:45 pm - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

WOW,  I never thought about this.  I have been stalling for the last three months.  I was walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes every morning and doing Zumba.  I was also losing 2-3 lbs a week at the time.  I am now only doing Zumba 2-3 times a week and since then I am stuck at losing and gaining 2lbs for the last 4 months.  I have been so frustrated but I am going to try to start walking again and see what happens  THANKS!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 379 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views