One Year Surgiversary!

louisamay
on 4/27/13 3:36 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Some disjointed thoughts.

First: WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER???

Ahem, now that I got that out of  the way.

I am down 85 1/2 pounds, am below my initial goal weight (155) and plan to ease lower. How low will I go? Don't know. I have stated 135 but we'll see. I'm not too worried about it. I like the way I look and feel and OMG, the way I can move and walk and run and bounce around.  I just spent a couple of hours in the garden cutting down a rose bush. A year ago I would have spent a half hour at most.

This morning we went out to breakfast.  Before, going out to breakfast was something I loved because I'd overeat and get all sorts of yummy fattening things and feel guilty, but stuff myself.  This morning I did the same. Only this morning, overeating and stuffing myself was: two fried eggs, 1/2 a biscuit, 1/2 a piece of sausage and three bites of cheese grits.

And yeah, I felt kind of guilty. Because seriously, at home I wouldn't have eaten all that.  A cup of Greek yogurt or a single egg or... you know, not so much and I would have been fine.  Instead, I felt STUFFED.

Over three hours later and I still feel stuffed.

Does it sound like I'm complaining? Well, I'm not. Look at how my life has changed. I ate too much, but too much was -- measured in BITES.

So, there ya go.

And now I'd kind of like to have some Greek yogurt because it would taste good but I'm not at all hungry, so instead I'm drinking some iced tea with mint and taking a break from working in the garden.

I'm not hungry. Eventually my husband will wander in and ask if we're going to eat and then I'll deal with that.

My life isn't built around food.

This morning I tried on a dress that I wore in high school and it zipped up. Melted and poured into it? Yep, because I weighed at least 20 pounds less back then. But still. I wore this dress 40 years ago when I was a skinny, flat-chested teenaged girl.

This is what life looks like one year after VSG.

And I'm loving it.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Member Services
on 4/27/13 3:42 am, edited 4/27/13 3:42 am - Irvine, CA

Wonderful post. Congratulations!!

louisamay
on 4/27/13 3:56 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Thank you!

stephanieplum
on 4/27/13 3:46 am
VSG on 06/27/12

You've done a great job!!!  So proud for you!

louisamay
on 4/27/13 3:57 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Back at ya, girlfriend!

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/13 9:40 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

This is wonderful! You sound so happy! Congrats!

louisamay
on 4/29/13 1:33 am
VSG on 04/27/12

I am VERY happy!

sarapilar
on 4/27/13 1:03 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

You must look amazing!  Congrats!  I cannot wait until I am 160, 155, 150 lbs!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

louisamay
on 4/29/13 1:33 am
VSG on 04/27/12

You'll be there before you know it!

pineview01
on 4/27/13 1:59 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on you surgiversary and a job well done!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views