Need a boost

Elaine N.
on 4/29/13 8:41 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
Close to 11 months post op and have been stuck within the same 10 lbs. for two months. I know I need to cut back on snacking and need to eat more protein without carbs like whole grain tortillas, I tend to stick a lot of things in them, pb, chicken, turkey. I was walking 2 to 3 times a week but have back issues right now. What can I do to jump start my weight loss again.? Has anyone else hit a plateau that lasted a couple of months? I've lost a total of 80 from a high of 290.

God will turn our weakness into strength.
Jls8877
on 4/29/13 8:46 am
Sounds like your body wants to enter maintainance. When I notice a slow down I try to increase my water, increase protein and cut way down on carbs. Maybe even throw in a protein shake for a meal replacement every now and again.
sheranfour
on 4/29/13 10:32 am

Hi,

I'm coming to 8 months post op...and noticed a slow down at 6 months. Being around the board...we know this is expected. This is the time to tighten the belt.

Sounds like you know what you need to do. Cut the snacking, increase the protein, cut the carbs big time. I agree with the water...some excercise. Look back at the begining of your plan...and get back to basics.

You know yourself, you know what you need to do. You can do this...just gotta get your head on board with the plan again,and you'll get it done.

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
shess1025
on 4/29/13 12:01 pm - Novato, CA
Why call it a plateau when you are admittedly eating things you know aren't part of a weight loss plan and moving less? Do what you did early on and were successful with....right?
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views