ll went well....

grayC
on 5/3/13 12:39 am
VSG on 05/01/13
So I had my VSG on Wednesday...Other than it taking me over 24 hrs to clear my head from the anistesia they hardest thing for me was the GAS pains and nausea ...
Yesterday was not a fun day at all...
Much better today..trying to get all my protien and water In...
Does anyone have some good tricks to get crushed meds. Down?
Crushed my metformin last nite, put it in jello...OMG never again, I tried it in water this morning..better, but because the meds. are denser they kind of sunk to the bottom...

kackward
on 5/3/13 12:44 am
Congratulations on your sleeve! Try using applesauce or yogurt for your pills

mickeymantle
on 5/3/13 12:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my doctor says I can take small pills whole and large pills like metaformin  by braking in half

Im surprised they have you taking diabetes med right after surgery my surgeon and my endicronolgist both said they would take me off all meds and then add as needed

your sugar must be high

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

grayC
on 5/3/13 12:55 am
VSG on 05/01/13
I was surprised at that also..
I think I'll cut my metformin in half..
Dr. Also wanted me to continue my Victoza and levemir
But I've been watching my sugar and I'm not comfortable
Taking the shots, worried about low blood sugar..if I can't drink milk or something to bring it up that scares me....

chinamama
on 5/3/13 4:14 pm - Bend, OR
Personally I would loose the Metformin and do the victoza instead. Less chance of a low and you can adjust the dosing.

Actually it's what I am doing.
Hospital kept dosing me with insulin, it's funny the hosptial is weird about vicktoza. They dont understand it. I took my victoza this morning and my numbers have looked great all day.

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

mimij
on 5/3/13 1:13 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I agree that applesauce works best. A vet gave me that tip and it was a lifesaver for me in the first few weeks. Nasty pills! Soon you will not need them we hope! Good luck to you.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Islandertra
on 5/3/13 1:23 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Congratulations !!! so happy for you !. I get sleeved on the 15th. can't wait. I am surprised also that you are still taking meds. my Endocronologist said for me to go off all meds and slowly add back as needed in small amount. I can't imagine trying to crushed Metformin. Hopefully the cutting in half and applesauce works.Good luck with the meds and a speedy recovery . Tracy 

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

Shagdoll
on 5/3/13 2:14 am

The first month is the toughest, even my surgeon warned me but you are doing great!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

shess1025
on 5/3/13 7:44 am - Novato, CA
No metformin for me after surgery either. At 400-600 calories....it would have been dangerous. My doc had me use a pill splitter to break big pills into 2 or 3 pieces. No need to crush pills.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views