1.5 oz of dense protein- thats it - Really?

deemyers
on 5/9/13 11:10 am
VSG on 02/05/13

I generally weight what I eat, but  I eat so haphazardly I dont know what my capacity is at one sitting.  I found out today. the hard way. I weighed my cooked salmon - 1.5. Was so hungry ate it all at one sitting. I felt full and stupidly enough, just like old days, wanted something sweet right afterwards. So I go get my sugar free fudgesicle pop. Heck, its sugar free and will satisfy my craving, right? NOT. What a stupid thing to do. Didnt even get through half of it before I felt like a stuffed turkey and started hurling. Not good at all. Won't do that again. Ever. But I did find out how big my sleeve is. Geez, just 1.5 ounces?

loverofcats
on 5/9/13 11:29 am

Early out , that is pretty common. It should increase, so that you can hold 2.5-3 ounces of dense protein, depending upon the protein.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

grannymedic1
on 5/9/13 11:52 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I still only hold 1.5 oz. though I can eat a full container of greek yogurt, most times. It will relax after a while. You don't want it to just yet since you have to live with this for life.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Stacy160
on 5/9/13 12:35 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts! ;)

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
simmie78
on 5/9/13 1:27 pm

Like!!!

Currently 180 - 76 lbs lost! Surgery 11/7/12, 36 years old, 5'8". I live in Hong Kong and it's a bit different here!

lunarose
on 5/9/13 1:27 pm - Newhall, CA

I am almost 3 years out and did something similar myself. DH and I went to a Dodger game. I bought a picante hot dog ate 3/4 of the thing....it was a close thing lol. It happens. Around month 6-7 once everything is healed and your body has adjusted you'll be able to eat about 3 ounces I laugh about the days when one can of tuna wasn't enough for a sandwich.

simmie78
on 5/9/13 6:48 pm

I just have to say that at about 6 months out - i can get in about 2.5 of send protein comfortably...there are some days I feel like I can get in 3 - but I think generally I've decided I'm more comfortable between 2.5 and 2.7 (yes, that makes a difference!!)

But then I also try to get in about .25 - .5 cups of veggies - usually steamed or  stir fried - or fruit...they seem to pack down quite nicely over the 2.5 ounces...

Currently 180 - 76 lbs lost! Surgery 11/7/12, 36 years old, 5'8". I live in Hong Kong and it's a bit different here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/13 7:35 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

It will most likely get a bit bigger in a few months or so as everyone said. My capacity has stayed the same since about month 6 or 7. I am pleased with the amount I can eat because honestly I don't feel like I need to eat more. I get satisfied even though it's a small amount of food. That's the beauty of the sleeve. Especially when one eats high quality, protein food! It will keep you satisfied for hours usually. When you eat crappy food, of course you can eat more of it and get hungry sooner. So the further out you get, the more important it is to stay vigilant. 

tina-b
on 5/9/13 9:56 pm - NC
VSG on 11/27/12

I've done the same thing with wanting something sweet immediately after dinner.  My culprit was a SF popsicle.  I kept getting sick.  Then i figured out that eating the the popsicle right after dinner had the same effect as drinking something.  Makes sense now.  Now i just wait at least 30 minutes and I'm fine.

HW: 235  SW: 216

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views