New Orleans Trip

cajunlady1958
on 5/8/13 12:14 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I went to New Orleans to visit a friend for the weekend. We toured the french quarter and for the first time in a long time I could actually walk a little better. I did go to Cafe Du Monde and had a beignet and cafe au lait but I had saved my calories for it and then we walked some more. I will be posting pictures soon as I can figure out how to get them from the camera to my laptop, lol.

And to commorate my weight loss I got my first tattoo. It is my avatar on here of the blue and black butterfly. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, thank god. So after all the walking I did I can't wait to get on the scale friday to see how I did.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

jenn227
on 5/8/13 12:35 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Congrats!  One of my lifelong dreams to visit New Orleans.  So glad you had a great time!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

acbbrown
on 5/8/13 12:51 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I went to NO when I was 3 mo post op, so I had skipped the beignet at Cafe Du Monde, but one day, im going back to get one!!!  I think I would definitely enjoy NO more now that I am in better shape, but I did have fun. It's a great place :)

Good luck with the scale. Just remember it doesnt define you :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cajunlady1958
on 5/8/13 12:57 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I'll remember it is just a guide to my progress. Another thing is that I realized I could fit in almost any chair without the fear of breaking it.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Shagdoll
on 5/9/13 3:17 am

I've been to New Orleans once & I freaking LOVED it!!!  I wanna go again sooo bad!!!

I believe that is the same cafe we visited too... everyday we were there!  Cafe Du Monde, enjoyed that delicious coffee (OMG, the best ever!) with a beignet.  We walked everywhere that I didn't gain a pound while there thank gawd. 

I wanna see the tat!!!  Sounds like you had a great time.  Good for you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Ihearttennis
on 5/10/13 11:13 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Well, I live here in New Orleans. I'm glad y'all had a great time.  Next time let me know when you're coming and maybe we can meet up!!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

cajunlady1958
on 5/10/13 12:27 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
That would be fun. I will definetly let you know the next time I visit.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 383 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views