What can I do to help?

Suzanne B.
on 5/13/13 11:44 am - OR

Hey out there,

Can we help each other and give more support?  I know we can.  Sometimes we are so busy leading our own lives we forget just how far we have come and what a difference we can make helping someone else who is just starting out. If people would take more time to think about ways they can make others feel good about their choices or answer some of their questions, or offer some support it might mean the world to that person. I know when I was starting I had some delightful ladies who were always right there for me—THANKS LADIES!  I had a million questions, and they always answered all my questions.

Perhaps the best way is simply through sharing sincere compliments, answering the question that they are asking and do it sincerely. It just takes a few minutes to do this.  How about looking for ways to compliment them on their success or their choice to have weight loss surgery?  It will make both of you and the people reading these posts feel a lot better.  You are all very important.  Just because we make different choices doesn’t make us right or wrong.  

You will find that I do reference that I went to Dr. Aceves.  I do this because he is the only doctor I have knowledge about, and I feel he is a marvelous Doctor who cares genuinely about his patients.  He has years of experience and you will find that anyone who has gone to him, feels the very same why I do.

So let step up and help the new people out there.  How about being accountable and offering our expertise that we have developed on our weight loss journey? Some of us have accomplished our weight loss, and we have a lot we can share.  I want everyone to be successful, healthy and ecstatic with their choice.

NEVER ever give up on yourself.  Having Weight Loss Surgery was the very FINEST thing I have ever done for myself.  You can and will be successful too! DO not give another day of your life away being overweight, fat, hefty, chubby, heavy, pudgy, stout, plump and obese. There are so many words I can say for fat, but we know all of them.  How about you are unhealthy! It is your time to start living. 

Hugs,

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
pineview01
on 5/13/13 11:52 am - Davison, MI

Good post!  I think this is what most are doing here already.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Suzanne B.
on 5/13/13 11:55 am - OR
On May 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:

Good post!  I think this is what most are doing here already.

Hi,

I agree there are many who are good about answering questions and helping when we can.  It is nice to know that there are people like this helping.  It takes all of us to help.  Thanks for doing the things you do.

Hugs,

Suzannelaugh

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
shess1025
on 5/13/13 12:03 pm - Novato, CA

Someone posts a Welcome Newbie's FAQ periodically which encourages new folks to use the Search feature and read the posts going back a few days, and more helpful info....which is a great way for newbies to get a ton of great info. Maybe we can post it daily? There are so many posts each day.... I think it's posted once a week (i could be wrong) and that's a lot of days to go back. I thought it was very helpful.

A Glossary for frequently used terms (NSV, Foamies, etc) would be a great add-on.... if there is one, I missed it.

Sandra

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Suzanne B.
on 5/13/13 1:14 pm - OR
On May 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, shess1025 wrote:

Someone posts a Welcome Newbie's FAQ periodically which encourages new folks to use the Search feature and read the posts going back a few days, and more helpful info....which is a great way for newbies to get a ton of great info. Maybe we can post it daily? There are so many posts each day.... I think it's posted once a week (i could be wrong) and that's a lot of days to go back. I thought it was very helpful.

A Glossary for frequently used terms (NSV, Foamies, etc) would be a great add-on.... if there is one, I missed it.

Sandra

Hi,

I really enjoyed your post. I try to post about once a week. Sometimes I repost some of my posts, where I repost a lot of questions I had when I started. We forget how we felt when we were a couple months out. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
linzeelee
on 5/13/13 12:40 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Hello,

I am being sleeved by Dr. Aceves on Friday. I've been hanging around here for a month or so and I've found most people to be very helpful. I'm very grateful for this board!!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Suzanne B.
on 5/13/13 1:19 pm - OR
On May 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, linzeelee wrote:

Hello,

I am being sleeved by Dr. Aceves on Friday. I've been hanging around here for a month or so and I've found most people to be very helpful. I'm very grateful for this board!!

Hi,

Congratulation on your choice. You are on your way to success. We are always out here to help you every step of the way. There is nothing wrong with asking for help, or support. When you see Dr Aceves on Friday tell him Suzanne said Hi. You will like him and his entire staff. You are in excellent hands.

Hugs and keep us informed.
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Melody2
on 5/13/13 12:40 pm
VSG on 04/10/13
Great post and a great point. Be an encourager and don't take posts by others personal...the questions are not really about us but rather for us to offer assistance. It's hard to convey "tone" in forum posts.

Suzanne B.
on 5/13/13 1:21 pm - OR
On May 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, Melody2 wrote:
Great post and a great point. Be an encourager and don't take posts by others personal...the questions are not really about us but rather for us to offer assistance. It's hard to convey "tone" in forum posts.

Hi,

Thanks, you said it perfect. Thanks for understanding what I was saying.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
VSG on 06/12/13

Compliments are free!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views