Hidden Menus? I just found out!

SleevieWonder
on 5/15/13 1:44 am

I just found out that many restaurant chains have "hidden menus"  -- Who knew??  I'm trying Panera's low-carb Hidden Menu today.  Link is at the end of this post.  :)  Hope this is helpful!!  Next week I may just try TGIFridays' hidden menu!

From "About.com"

"Have you heard of the "hidden menus" many restaurants have? These are menus that are not necessarily "secret", but the items usually aren't super-popular, so the company doesn't take up space on the menu board or printed menu with them. A surprising number of restaurants have hidden menus, but most of them won't be appealing to low-carbers. (A "Starburst Smoothie" at Jamba Juice sounds fun, but a similarly-concocted smoothie there has 70 grams of carb in a "small" - that's over 1/4 cup of sugar!)

A refreshing change is Panera -- yes, that Panera, known for its bread and sandwiches. They have recently unveiled a hidden menu with healthy low-carb options such as the Power Mediterraneian Chicken Salad (9 grams of net carb), the Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak (2 grams net carb) and the Power Steak Lettuce Wraps (5 grams net carb). We can only hope it catches on!

I'm a fan of the "hidden menu" of In-N-Out Burger (a chain in the Western U.S.) -- freshly-ground beef patties, and any of their burgers can be ordered "protein style" -- wrapped all the way around with lettuce. The hidden menu also includes ordering as many burgers or hamburgers in your sandwich as you want, though I've never tried it (a "3X3" is 3 cheeseburgers together; a "3 by meat" is three hamburgers, together with tomatoes and sauce).More on the In and Out Hidden Menu

Panera's Hidden Menu:  http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access- into-paneras-hidden-menu/

and here's their nutrition info:  (don't forget we don't eat a whole serving size and that going out is a treat)  http://www.panerabread.com/nc/slider1/hiddenmenu.php

Shagdoll
on 5/15/13 1:58 am

Sounds awesome & good to know.  Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

sunny_disposition
on 5/15/13 2:05 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

Very cool!

jaded123
on 5/15/13 2:11 am - MD
Thanks for the secret info! This is great

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Maria712
on 5/15/13 2:15 am - PA
VSG on 03/14/13
I knew about Panera but didn't realize other chains did this as well. Thanks for the info.
BREAZA
on 5/15/13 3:00 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Great info - thanks! :)

JAlston
on 5/15/13 3:55 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Great reason to share info! I knew about Panera (from an older OH post) but not other places. I love the Mediterranean chicken salad from Panera's hidden menu, I get it with no dressing (olive oil). YUM! For me, it is definitely a 2 portion size.

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

slatond
on 5/15/13 4:14 am

I was aware of Panera, but didn't realize other restuarants had it either.

I've tried the Power Chicken Hummus Bowl @ Panera ( w/o tomato).. (330 cal / 33 gr prot / 23 gr carb.)  Should be less carb's w/o the tomato... and I couldn't eat the whole thing either.

Christyb17
on 5/15/13 4:36 am - Long Beach, CA
VSG on 06/04/13

I know all about In N Outs. Ive been eating secret menu almost everytime I go there for the last 6 years. BUT I didnt know about Panera. Thats a happy one to know about!

VSG June 4, 2013

HW - 271.4     SW - 263     CW - 159

sarapilar
on 5/15/13 9:20 am, edited 5/15/13 9:20 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Thank you - this is awesome!!!!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views