Melting Mama & #WLSFA2013?

louisamay
on 5/23/13 10:06 pm
VSG on 04/27/12

Not wanting to stir controversy, but can anybody point to links that explain what happened from the WLSFA side?

I know nothing about either org but have seen enough about it this morning following links from Melting Mama to want to see more.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Edelge
on 5/24/13 12:42 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I'm hoping they do respond.  i have donated to them in the past and intended to in the future and am saddened by what I read this morning.

Islandertra
on 5/24/13 1:55 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

What is that ? I am new to this site.Thanks

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

Diana E.
on 5/24/13 7:48 am
VSG on 03/27/13

It's kind of painful to see her posts... I know she's hurt, I would be too... but the constant barrage of post after post after post after post...even within her own posts.  It makes me sad to see it all.  I don't know her, nor am I a "friend" of her's on FB, I just follow her, and even with that, I don't pay a lot of attention to most of what pops up (mostly because I have too many people and businesses that I also follow... too much to keep track of).  I will say this, you can't say she won't tell you how she feels.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

louisamay
on 5/24/13 7:49 am
VSG on 04/27/12

The main point of interest to me were the financial disclosures.

MacMadame
on 5/24/13 4:13 pm - Northern, CA

You aren't going to see what happened from the WLSFA side because they have been adamant that they won't say anything.

Some people think that is "classy." Personally, I think that when you publicly accept a $1000 donation from an organization whose goals are aligned with yours and then quietly return that donation and refuse to tell the 2500+ members of that organization why you won't accept their donation, that this is the opposite of classy, but maybe that's just me. 

But you can see *my* side if you like:

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2013/05/wtf-my-2013-wlsf a-meet-n-greet.html

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

louisamay
on 5/24/13 9:26 pm
VSG on 04/27/12

I read that, linked from Melting Mama, and yes, I agree.

Really, in my opinion, if a nonprofit's tax returns are questioned the way she did, and they think it looks classy not to respond, I think they're insane.  But that's just me.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views