Nine Month Update

TSinNC
on 5/27/13 10:05 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to share a progress report about how I'm doing at just over the nine-month mark.  I joked to my husband the other day that the nine-month mark is funny, since that's how long people always talk about it taking to have a baby and I'm feeling like I've "birthed" a new person in the same amount of time.

This has been an amazing journey so far.  I hit the Century Club last week, and can not wrap my head around the idea that I'll be to my initial goal of 175 in no time.  I'll likely will shoot for 160 instead of holding at 175.  I'm so close to a normal BMI that I now feel like stopping at 175 isn't the right goal for me.  Funny how perspective changes as we lose the weight.  Being within 12 pounds of 175 seemed absolutely impossible to me nine months ago, and now I'm committing to keep going!  Some highlights of things that have been happening lately:

• I've completed two 5K races, a mud run and a color run.  Both were crazy fun and I'm looking forward to doing more this year.  My goal for 2013 was 3 5K races, but I think I'll have more than that under my belt by the end of the year.
  • I started a blog about my journey to wellness.  I don't post daily, but do share when I have things that I think may help other folks that are on a similar journey.  There are blog posts, a pantry list, product reviews, and other things there.  Hopefully I'll have more time to work on it this summer.
  • I've started metalsmithing jewelry and small housewares as part of my 2013 goal to try something new creatively.  I like it so much that a friend and I are planning to start an Etsy shop with our work soon.  Exciting!
  • My family is active!  We walk, swim, play outside, and move around wayyy more than we used to in our old life.  We are modeling active, healthy behaviors and my son is growing up with the idea that movement and healthy eating are the norm. 
  • Shopping is fun again!  I bought a swimsuit (ok, two) last week, and was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable an experience it was.  I even walked out of the dressing room to show my hubby!  In front of other people!  I'm having fun shopping at consignment shops, and love being able to wear brands like Lucky & Banana Republic.  Of course, I'm not buying a ton of things since I'm still shrinking.
  • My surgeon's office has asked me to be a testimonial case for them, and I decided to do it!  I talk very openly with people about my VSG, and try to help as many folks as I can with my story. 

Overall, I'm really pleased with how it has been going.  Of course, the proof is in the pictures! 

First picture is me at about 325 pounds, my highest weight versus a couple weeks ago, about 193 pounds.

Right after surgery, about 290 pounds and a couple weeks ago, about 193 pounds.

Getting ready to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run, my first 5K, back in March.

And sporting my new Banana Republic shirt.  A large is a little big on me!

Thank you to all of my OH and MFP friends for accompanying me on this journey!  And good luck to everyone getting ready to embark on their own journey!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Mom22Monsters
on 5/27/13 10:11 pm - Lakewood, CO
VSG on 08/26/13
Amazing! You are doing awesome and I love your spirit, congrats on all your hard work!

PS. My goal for 2014 is doing a couple of 5K (surgery is late July/early August), you have shown me its doable.
TSinNC
on 5/28/13 4:06 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you!  5Ks are definitely doable!!

ravenbrown
on 5/27/13 10:50 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You look fantastic!  Congrats!

TSinNC
on 5/28/13 4:07 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you!  It looks like you have done very well, too, so congrats to you!

Auveca
on 5/27/13 11:00 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

You look so great, but what is even better is how bubbly your post sounds!  Wonderful!!!

TSinNC
on 5/28/13 4:07 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you, that is very sweet!

Mom_2_4
on 5/27/13 11:02 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

CONGRATULATIONS!  Thanks for being such an inspiration! 

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

TSinNC
on 5/28/13 4:08 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you, Elisa!  Keep up your great work, too!

stephanieplum
on 5/27/13 11:19 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Amazing results!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views