Love/Hate this pre-op diet

Natalie K.
on 6/16/13 12:46 pm
VSG on 06/24/13
I had a similar experience at Costco! I wanted to run everyone over with my cart when they stopped to eat samples. I'm eating a sf Popsicle right now. They definitely help!
Jennifer L.
on 6/16/13 12:55 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

This literally made me laugh out loud... haha!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

charmedaz
on 6/16/13 1:17 pm

i want to do this even when im not on a pre-op diet 

akr9911
on 6/16/13 1:07 pm
VSG on 06/20/13

Apparently I really need sugar free popsicles. Day 2 done. I'm STARVING. And it's not just mental. 480 calories of liquid when you're used to eating 2000 or so give or take... TORTURE. But I'm 2 days through it. And I'm counting the minutes til they roll me into the OR.

You can do this Natalie. I know you can! Congrats on the first 5 pounds! :)

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Natalie K.
on 6/16/13 1:10 pm
VSG on 06/24/13
They really do help! Sugar free jello helps too. I got sick of the broth really fast because it's so hot outside!
pineview01
on 6/16/13 1:46 pm - Davison, MI

The first three days are the worst!  After that you kind of get numb and it is like OH it's time to drink another shake.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jennifer L.
on 6/16/13 2:44 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

This part makes me so nervous. If I lived alone, this would be so easy for me... however... I have a husband (who loves to eat.. and he is still skinny! who wants to join me in throwing rocks at him? lol) and two sons (who are always wanting to eat... and also super skinny... I wont throw rocks at them though haha) so I am nervous about hearing them constantly talk about food. 

I am trying to begin weening myself now to make the pre-op diet easier (I begin mine in about a week). Love my husband, he is so supportive but he also forgets or just has his habits. I can't blame my children for constantly talking about food because they are only 5 and 3. haha Maybe I should just do a short term rent on an apartment somewhere... hahaha

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Natalie K.
on 6/16/13 3:08 pm
VSG on 06/24/13
Wanna be roomies? Lol My husband is a huge eater too! He has never had a weight problem. He will eat anything. I got strawberry protein drinks that I didn't like and so he's been drinking them for me. He thinks they're disgusting too but he doesn't want to waste them. He made toast for breakfast yesterday and I had to go into another room because it smelled sooo good.
Jennifer L.
on 6/18/13 10:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Husbands... geesh! 

Maybe all the VSG pre-ops and recent post-ops should find temporary roomies to get away from husbands. lol

Instagram

UniqueAmbition
on 6/16/13 4:58 pm - NC

I was told the first three days were the worst , haaa!! I'm on my last two days and I cant tell! the My whole 3 weeks were the worst. Im up right now, waiting on my sleep to kick and i'm straight starving!!! No head hunger this way....I am so ready for Wednesday

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views