OT: Rent the Runway first experience!

danixbanani
on 6/17/13 6:58 am, edited 6/17/13 7:00 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

For those of you following my little rants and raves here on OH, this past weekend, I had one of two weddings this month.  To save money, I decided to try Rent the Runway (the weddings are a week apart).  Saturday night was my first experience with it!

I rented what I thought was a blue dress but it turned out to be purple which is fine because I LOVE purple.  The dress was ****tail length and lacy.  I was a little disappointed because the dress was pretty frayed around the edges but you couldn't really tell unless you were close up to me.  I paid around $55 to rent this dress and the experience overall was great.  You get two sizes when renting so I went with a 12 and a 10.  I tried on the 12 first and even though it was a little loose up top, it fit perfectly on the bottom.  I probably could've gotten into the 10 but I really didn't feel like wearing spanx and my legs are disgusting so I didn't want the length to be too short.  Here's some pics:

First one is a little blurry but a straight up shot before running out the door to the wedding!

Here's a shot of me and my adorable hubby (doesn't he look like clark kent?  My superman!) at the wedding:

Lastly, a shot of my shoes.  These were my wedding shoes which left me crippled after photo taking and the ceremony.  They are so adorable but HIGH and painful.  I'm glad to say that I wore them majority of the night AND danced in them!  I had a lot of trouble finding a perfect shoe to match this dress so that's why I went with these shoes which I already had.  (please disregard my chubby leg...haha)

Overall, like I said, I'm happy with the RTR experience.  I have another rental coming this week which is a Kate Spade dress that is NOT lacy so I'm hopeful that it won't show as much wear and tear.  I plan on wearing these feet-killers again because, why not?  haha

Also, if you've been following my other threads, the house guest finally leaves this week.  I am SO relieved and can't wait to have my house back.  I'm a happy girl this week!  tehehe

Just one more extra little note, I am now 160lbs and 10lbs from my first goal.  I have never before worn a size 12 dress or even dreamed of getting close to a size 10.  I LOVE MY SLEEVE!! WAHOOO!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

ravenbrown
on 6/17/13 7:11 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I love the dress, the hubs, the house guest leaving, the shoes and YOU!  You are beautiful!  What Kate Spade dress did you rent?  I love Kate Spade :)

danixbanani
on 6/17/13 10:34 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
Haha thanl you! You're too sweet! I think its called grape soda pop. Its in my pics here on OH

ravenbrown
on 6/17/13 11:04 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Ooh, super fun!  Love the color!  Purple and me don't work, but it looks beautiful on you :)

serenity1959
on 6/17/13 7:26 am
VSG on 08/05/13

You look gorgeous!    Glad the house guest will be gone.    I would have been a bit ticked about $55 for a dress that was frayed at the edges.

VSG on 06/12/13
You looked adorable. And, hubby looked like Clark Kent, I agree! Cannot wrap my head around the idea that I may someday be able to rent something from RTR.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

danixbanani
on 6/17/13 10:31 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
Thank you! I really didn't think it would work out but it did and it really sort of is mind boggling lol

luvstar0613
on 6/17/13 10:04 am - NY
VSG on 06/03/13

Love it! You look fantastic! So pretty! Your husband DOES look like Superman!  LUCKY!  YAY for his brother leaving!

*Alana*   HW: 277.3, SW:267.8 

Pre Op: -9.5, M1: - 21.8, M2: -12.8 M3: -11.4 M4: -12.7 M5:-13 M6: -8.4 M7 - 14.4 M8: -4.6

danixbanani
on 6/17/13 10:30 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
Tehe thank you

acbbrown
on 6/17/13 10:22 am - Granada Hills, CA

OMG i might do this for a wedding....you look amazing. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views