Survived the evacuation and flooding now need to stop eating

SurgeryLori
on 6/23/13 3:32 pm - Canada

the wrong things. It has been an incredibly difficult week. My city has been flooded like we have never seen before, I was placed under mandatory evacuation and had 5 minutes to leave my home. Great friends and family put us up for several days during the crisis, thank you lord! But now I need to get control over what I am eating. It has been so totally out of my control that it is scary. Bless their hearts they housed and fed us what they could (limited supplies of anything healthy!) Now I am home with 6 feet of water having been pumped out of my basement, just a little stressful, and all I want to do is eat junk. I need to get clean now! I don't feel good, my body is rebelling. I need some help!

I have Green Chicken Soup on the stove as we speak, intend to eat that and dense protein and shakes only for at least 4 days to detox my system again. Any suggestions on how else to keep the carb monster at bay would be greatly appreciated!

I must say simply writing this out is very calming.....

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 3:42 pm

I am so sorry you just went through such trauma.  The soup should help, you might also want to make some turkey chili.  When I need to de-carb, I stop watching my calories as closely, and just focus on eating when I am hungry, but only eating "clean" food such  as protein and veggies.  I don't allow myself to get even a little hungry and I drink more than usual.  This seems to really help me. It takes about 3-4 days and I am good to go. 

SurgeryLori
on 6/23/13 3:54 pm - Canada

Turkey chili sounds like a great idea. I will eat clean when ever I want for the next few days and get the carbs back out. This has been the first real "attack" of the carb monster for me and a bit overwhelming. Thanks for the tips!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 3:55 pm

Don't forget to drink, it really helps reduce the cravings and any headaches you might get.

SurgeryLori
on 6/23/13 4:00 pm - Canada

Ah yes, water has always been a challenge for me but you are absolutely right. I haven't even been close with my water the last few day. It will be a priority!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 4:05 pm

You want to hear something funny?  I picked up on this in your post and response.  You answered me back about everything but the water.  You probably thought I would just move on....no such luck.  :)   Hugs.

SurgeryLori
on 6/23/13 4:17 pm - Canada

LOL you caught me! and called me on it! Thank you! angry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views