Shrinking and NSVs

fat2fit2012
on 6/24/13 5:19 am - FL
VSG on 03/05/13

I haven't lost much in the way of pounds lately but boy am I shrinking!  Clothes that barely fit me two weeks ago are baggy on me today, in particular the bottoms.  The legs and butt area of my pants have so much room some of them look funny. 

I went through my closet a month ago and gave a co-worker some suits.  Last night I went through my entire closet and dresser and purged all my 2X, 1X, 20s and 18s.  I have 16s and 14s and one or two 12s left in my closet.  It feels so great to get rid of all these clothes!  Some of them are hard to part with as they are beautiful work suits but I'm glad I can give them to co-workers or charity and make someone else feel good. 

This weekend I went to Walmart to buy a pair of shorts since I don't have any that fit me and I don't want to spend a lot of money.  I looked through the rack of dressy Bermudas and found a cute black pair hanging on a size "16" hanger.  I took it to the dressing room and when I went to take it off the hanger I noticed they were 14s.  I had grabbed another color in these shorts and those were actual 16s.  I figured, I'll try the 14s on to see how tight they were and they fit perfectly.  Now I realize this is vanity sizing but I don't care!  I also fit into a pair of capris that my mother-in-law gave me that were 14s.  These were way too tight just a week and a half ago.

I see a massage therapist every week at my Chiropractor's office since I've met my deductible and co-pay for the year.  The last two weeks she's done manual lymphatic drainage on my upper arms and inner thighs to flush out all the fluid sitting there.  Immediately after the massages my arms and legs feel and look tighter.  The "fluidy" "cellulitey" (yes I know those aren't real words) flesh is flushed of all the excess toxic water and left smoother like my calves and forearms.  I am hooked!  I think this along with exercise, lotions/oils, and plenty of H2O will help my body tighten as I lose weight and hopefully reduce the amount of lose skin I have.

Have a great day everyone :)

~Fat2Fit2012                    

Pre-Op Weight- 234 | Surgery Weight- 222.2 | Current Weight- 175.5 | Goal Weight- 130

LehighValleyLoser
on 6/24/13 5:25 am

What a great post!! This just shows that we need to look at more than the scale when tracking our weight loss victories. Those scales can be real buggers, but the fit of clothes and the way we physically feel doesn't lie!

Definitely donate your work clothes to charity. I hate that vintage stores and thrift stores rarely have NICE outfits for "people of size." You'll be doing a great service!

Way to go, and keep up the success.

Lots of love  --

Lehigh Valley Loser

Tweet Me @LoserLV or follow me on Facebook!

fat2fit2012
on 6/24/13 6:31 am - FL
VSG on 03/05/13

Thanks! 

I also find local charities that provide professional outfits to women who need them to go on interviews.  I love to donate to those ones!

~Fat2Fit2012                    

Pre-Op Weight- 234 | Surgery Weight- 222.2 | Current Weight- 175.5 | Goal Weight- 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views