Need help to get back on track

314NewMeAllOverAgai
n11

on 6/26/13 3:37 pm - st.louis, MO

OMG it’s been so long since I’ve been on the site, but hey you guys I’m in need of help.

I have falling off the band wagon hard and need help getting back on, I had my surgery 10/26/11 and I was doing really well, then about 6 month in I found out I was pregnant but around that time I had lost about 70ish lbs. feeling great, during my pregnancy I can say I had maintain  my weight pretty good until the very end when I blew up and gain around 20lbs. after birth I was back to my pre weight, now that I had my baby boy I’ve been through my depression my stressed out stage and thru all of that and 7months later I’ve gain 20lbs from where I was before I found out I was pregnant and cant loss anything, I feel like I’m eating more then what I should be able too. but in all honesty I just fell completely off and now that I’m getting back to somewhat normal from my baby blues I’m just ready to get back on and back to losing weight and finding that new me again. Can anybody help?????

south494
on 6/26/13 4:28 pm - NC

Well i know you can do it! Put him in the stroller and take him for a walk! I am sure he will enjoy the fresh air as well. Make him your cardio buddy that is what i did. Even though i just had surgery i made my kids my " cardio buddies" so they felt like they were involved and everyday they looked forward to doing their part which in turn made me more motivated. I lost 57lbs pre surgery my kids kept me going and they are only seven and eight. I didnt have the heart not to tell them no we can't walk today unless of course there was a truly valid reason. Now i am starting back at the gym, when i go there i go solo so i can stay focused. I really enjoy my mp3 player. keep your head up. I never thought in a million years i could lose close to 80 lbs on my own. I have lost an additional 26lbs since June 1st. Just by walking and water (pre op liquids as well) Keep your head up. You are not alone on this but this is the approach i took since i needed someone to make me accountable for my actions, and it worked.

314NewMeAllOverAgai
n11

on 6/27/13 2:18 pm - st.louis, MO

thanks your a big help. me and my man we go out and walk and we will take the stroller and do it as a family thing. but we just need to stick to it.. and thats what im trying to do now is come up with a plan or a time to set aside and workout. i can say my soon to be husband is a good support but with all my issues i got going on idk just feel lost lol.. but i am glad to say that member ship is about to be active and im about to go full force lol.

Jackie T.
on 6/26/13 10:51 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You can do this!  Go back to basics.  Start detoxing off of the bad food for you.  I am not getting into the carb argument.  Start eating your protein first, log your food, drink your water, weigh and measure your food.  Act like you did when you lost the 70ish pounds.  It will be hard at first as you go through the withdrawals but it will get better and you will feel better.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Marley M.
on 6/26/13 10:55 pm - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 07/19/12 with

Hi there! Can you tell us what your average eating day looks like?  If you give us more info we would be better able to offer suggestions.  Having said that, protein firs****er, move your body (as someone else said, put that baby in the stroller and take a walk).  Join My Fitness Pal and log your intake.  GL!

HW 316 SW 310 GW 170-175                    

314NewMeAllOverAgai
n11

on 6/27/13 12:32 am - st.louis, MO

Thank you, Yes  this is my first child and im happy, but like you said i need to get back on track i have been eatting bad food cause it was quick and easy to fix with my busy days thats i had... but now that im back working again im not at home eatting and i didnt realized what i was doing cause i was using food as a get away from my stress and depression.  but thanks for all the responds...

ravenbrown
on 6/27/13 12:36 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I totally understand.  You can PM me any time if you need to vent or need support.  I totally understand having a young child, trying to lose weight, working full time.  It's sooo easy to turn to food when your entire world gets turned upside down especially when you've got postpartum blues on top it.  Hugs!  You can do this!

ravenbrown
on 6/26/13 11:07 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You lost 70 pounds prebaby, so I think you know what you need to do.  I'm not sure what your surgeon recommends, but I think we can all agree on lean, dense protein first at every meal.  That will help keep you satisfied.  If you've let in sugar, white flour, etc then you might have a couple days of detoxing ahead of you but you can get through it.  If you're not working out, start walking with baby in the stroller or in a carrier if that doesn't make you insanely hot.  Make sure you're staying hydrated.  Track everything.  You can do this! 

Congrats on your baby!  Is this your first?  I remember the first few months, and it was so hard getting back to myself :)

314NewMeAllOverAgai
n11

on 6/27/13 2:11 pm - st.louis, MO

aww thank you i needed to hear that., its so hard for me right now and its time i do feel im lossing myself but im hoping to get myself back i told my self im gonna get back on track on the first of july i started i little but im gonna hit full force and get gives me a few days to get rid of all the junk food in the house that would temp me lol.. im glad to know i have someone i can talk to about it. who can understand casue talking to my man about it its like ugh..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views