Timing of surgery and safety question

Smcquithy
on 6/27/13 9:49 am

I have my pre-op appointment scheduled on July 8th

but this is my question. I am a 4-H advisor and our county fair is Aug.5-12 here in Ohio is is miserably hot and humid during the fair every year. I'm wondering if I should wait until after the fair to schedule my surgery. I do not want to have a dehydration problem, although we constantly are drinking water while we are there. 

I asked the NUT today and she said she though I would be ok as long as I wasn't in phase 2 of the post op diet. 

I want to be safe. What are your opinions? 

Stephanie

lucy2e
on 6/27/13 10:11 am - Laurel, MD

Getting your fluids in post op can be challenging - so unless you are at least 1 month post-op, I would schedule it for after the fair.  If you have had the surgery - I suggest drinking Powerade Zero at the fair since it will help replace electrolytes.

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Smcquithy
on 6/27/13 10:59 am

Thank you

Stephanie

VSG on 06/12/13
Hey! Long time ago, I was a saddle horse advisor in Summit county! My mom was Summit County saddle horse chair. 4-H - what an amazing organization. I was a 4Her from 9-19. Which county are you in? What sort of projects?

As a recent sleever, I don't think the dehydration would be as much of an issue as timing and low energy. We used to live at our fair - a week in a camper. I think, with something like a camelbak bag, you could manage hydration. But, I fear you'd have a distraction on your hands by trying to take care of yourself and your kids, learning your new routine. Etc. and, we had LONG days at the fairgrounds - up in the early am, riding all day, walking back and forth from barn to camper to elsewhere. I don't think I could do it right now, two weeks out.

Good luck to you! Looking forward to hearing back...

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Smcquithy
on 6/27/13 9:41 pm
I am in Scioto county. We too, have long days the week of the fair. Usually we are there before 8 and leave around 11 pm. I have about 50 kids in our group. We have rabbit, goats and hogs in our group and the kids different still projects and skillathon & showmanship. We focus on rabbits. Fair week is exhausting. I normally take a vacation week, but I am low on time at work so I will not be able to this year. I will have to work and spend the evenings at the fairgrounds.

Stephanie

horrible_monster
on 6/27/13 5:08 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

My gut reaction would be to wait until after the fair.

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

happyteacher
on 6/27/13 11:56 pm

It can vary by person.  I was back in my classroom without any issues exactly 14 days after surgery.  That is not uncommon.  There are some folks who need longer though, and no way of predicting if you would fall into this camp.   I guess if it doesn't matter if you go after or before from a work standpoint , then after may win out.  If you can have surgery by mid July, then I don't think it wold be an issue at all- especially if you have 3 weeks prior to recover or more.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Smcquithy
on 6/28/13 1:05 am
Thanks.
I am returning to work 4 days after 😳

Stephanie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op