2 Week Post Op & Loving It!!!

abbeycat43
on 6/27/13 1:30 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Today, I received my 2 week email from OH...first sentence read, "Two weeks into your new life, you've probably found yourself asking "what have I gotten myself into" at least once." Not ONCE have I even for a second had this thought.  So far, I have had what I would imagine is a very easy time.  I attribute this to my fabulous surgeon and following the rules 110% of the time.  I came out of surgery to find I only had one incision across my belly button instead of the 4-5 others have had. I didn't have much pain and only needed pain meds to sleep because I am such a light sleeper every move I made would wake me...not from pain but more just a little uncomfortable.  I did have a terrible reaction to the adhesive but I knew that going in...something I just dealt with.  I did become a little sick of the broth and Popsicles but I just kept telling myself that if I hadn't gained all the weight, I wouldn't be in this situation.  Soft foods have been fabulous...I have a new appreciation for food now...I spend half an hour eating my 1/4 cup of food and enjoy every minute of it...on two occasions I experienced some minor discomfort and attributed it to a slightly bigger bite than I should have swallowed, even though my food is mush after chewing 35 times...I definitely know what to listen to.  My cats are in Heaven as they get the little bits of tuna leftovers if I can't fini**** and are thrilled when that happens!!  I have taken lots of ideas from people on this forum and have begun to freeze my little pucks of massed potatoes and have purchased some small little muffin pans to make my individual meals in...can't wait to try some of the great recipes I have found.  It's been 95+ degrees here so exercise has remained indoors on the treadmill...can't wait to start preparing for my 1st 5K...and get outside.  Two weeks post op and I consider myself blessed! 28 lbs down and week 3 here I come!

themexcellentone
on 6/27/13 1:40 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

FYI, if you have a Trader Joe's near you, in the frozen section they have mashed potatoes that are already frozen in little tiny puck shapes.  My hubby calls them "potato scallops" because they look exactly like scallops!

Congrats on making it through your first 2 weeks...I hope you have continued success!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

abbeycat43
on 6/27/13 1:53 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13
Thanks, I don't have Trader Joes nearby...wish I did!!! Lots of organic healthy choices there. On my journey, I want to be committed to fresh organic fruits, vegetables, grass fed meats, and homemade meals so that I can try to correct the habits that got me here...I have a teenage daughter who is a tiny little thing ( just like I was at her age) and I don't want her going down the same path as me, her aunt, her grandma, her great grandpa and numerous other family members.
themexcellentone
on 6/27/13 2:13 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Grass fed meats are the best...so good!  We have a place near Fort Worth that raises their own cattle, pigs and chickens, slaughters them and then sells and delivers them to places all over the Dallas/FW metro area.  I have a feeling we'll be doing that more frequently after both hubby and I get sleeved (I'm next and then his is in August). 

Best of luck for continued success!  I will be right behind you on the 8th!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Jennifer L.
on 6/28/13 1:27 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Grass fed IS best!! oh my goodness!! It tastes so amazing... its how our food SHOULD taste!

If you are ever passing by Dayton, Ohio you MUST visit a little place called Olive, An Urban Dive... everything is organic, grass fed, local, and they even bought their own land to cultivate some of their food.Seriously... the best! When we can only take a few bites of food, it might as well be the best! lol 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

abbeycat43
on 6/28/13 7:56 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Totally agree!! I have a friend who's parents raise grass fed cows and I purchase an 1/4 each season...proof in the pudding is when my daughter, who doesn't eat the meat in spaghetti, CLEANED HER PLATE!!! Enough said!

abbeycat43
on 6/28/13 8:16 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13
sheranfour
on 6/27/13 7:42 pm

Oh WOW!

You are off to an AWESOME start!!!!

Having an easy go just out of surgery is such a great thing! I truly believe attitude plays a huge role, and you have a super one!!

This is going to be a wonderful journey for you!!! Stay here and post often!! YAY YOU!!!!!!

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
abbeycat43
on 6/28/13 8:13 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Thanks Deb!! I love reading all the information and hope to get my computer fixed as its somewhat difficult to type on the phone...LOL! I can't seem to get my ticker to work right from my phone that's for sure.

pdtmd501
on 6/28/13 1:18 am

I totally agree with you!!  It hasn't been easy but I don't regret it!

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views