Decision solidified

Betty A.
on 7/1/13 9:16 am
VSG on 11/26/13

I have been researching this surgery for a long time, talked to several people who had it done, and read MANY of the threads in this forum. I finally, officially, signed in as an OH member today. THANK YOU all so much for sharing your journey because it has been so extremely helpful to me!

Anyway, I completed all of the preop requirements and was ready to go at the beginning of June. Perfect timing because I have time off during the summer. Unfortunately, the surgeon did not renew the contract with the hospital as of May 31.  So, now I am waiting to hear where he will practice. I think, from many of your posts, it is wise to choose the surgeon carefully, so although waiting stinks, he has great stats and I definitely want him for the job!

The extra time has lead to many 'should I?' and 'should I not?' considerations even though I have made an extensive pros and cons list. Pros of having and not having surgery. Cons of having and not having surgery. I still strongly lean to the pro side. Then, last night, when I squished my little guy in the chair for story time, he simply (quite innocently) stated the sad truth. It was because my butt was too big.  Out of the mouths of babes! (blush)

Yep, just one more thing going on the list...and one more reason I am anxiously waiting for surgery. I look forward to taking this journey and appreciate that others are on the same road!

Linybabes
on 7/1/13 11:50 am - NY

thats fantastic im having mine the third ib jury

Elaine1964
on 7/1/13 5:14 pm

I so understand the back and forth of  "should I - shouldn't I". From what I have read, this is pretty common. The other recurring theme on this site is "I wish I had done this sooner". The very best of luck in your journey...you're going to do great!!!!

VSG on 06/12/13
Good for you for taking this time for self reflection. During my 5.5 month insurance battle, I reflected not only on should I or shouldnt I, but on which procedure, as well. It led me from RNY to sleeve.

Best of luck on your journey!

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views