Ruggie's two-year SURGiversary!

ruggie
on 7/6/13 6:34 am - Sacramento, CA

Howdy folks - 

Just realized that today is my two-year anniversary of having Dr. C's hands deep in my guts!  Ok, just his tiny, thin surgical tools, but still.  I'm two years out from surgery, and roughly 16-17 months out from hitting goal.

I weighed in this morning at 149, so no regain so far!  I'm pretty militant about staying on plan.  I still eat protein- and fat-heavy, carb-light.  Still keep my protein up to 80-100 g a day, and still drink two shakes a day to help me hit that and keep my water in.  

I often forget that I'm a WLS patient until someone asks me why I eat so little in public.  If you haven't hit goal yet, stay on target, stay on plan, and remember this is not forever - weight loss is a short period in your life, and maintenance is alllll the rest of it!  Remember to stay focused and militant with yourself until you get to where you want to be!

So, what's new with me?  I know ya'll don't care (and many of the newbies probably don't even remember me!) but:

• I got a 'victory tattoo' a couple months ago.
  • I've been swimming about 1/4 mile (20 laps) 4-5 days a week
  • I've, for the most part, stopped feeling "so damn cold" all the time and feel regular cold now
  • My husband and I got LEGALLY MARRIED one week ago!  (You have to read "legally married" in Oprah's voice).

Here's a pic on our marriage day last Saturday in San Francisco City Hall, waiting in line with all the other soon-to-be-happy couples:

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

HilaryH8103
on 7/6/13 6:52 am - WA
Congratulations on your two year anniversary & on your beautiful marriage.

Much Love,
Hilary
Bella_Fein
on 7/6/13 7:12 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

So happy for you Ruggie! Congratulations on everything!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

loverofcats
on 7/6/13 7:14 am

Happy second Surgiversary! You look happy, healthy, and very trim!

Congratulations on your marriage! How wonderful for you both!

maintenance is where the rubber meets the road.

gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

cappy11448
on 7/6/13 7:23 am

Congratulations on your 2 year surgiverary and your great weight loss success story.  You've done a great job.  You are an inspiration.

Also congratulations on your wedding.  I wish you all the happiness and joy that you so deserve.

blessings,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

ruggie
on 7/6/13 7:25 am - Sacramento, CA

Thanks for everyone's kind wishes! :)

slimpickins5280
on 7/6/13 7:40 am - CO

Congrats! Love the T-shirt. Please tell me that you got married wearing that and I will love you forever. Okay, so I already do, but still.

Your hubby is a cutey patooty - so are you.

*hugs* Seriously - congratulations on all of it.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

ruggie
on 7/6/13 7:53 am - Sacramento, CA

We went to SF to attend Pride.  Saturday morning we woke up to the news that SF gave a big ol' FU to the 25-day stay that the Supreme Court ordered.  They opened up City Hall specifically to marry same-sex couples over Pride weekend.

So, no, we did not plan to wed in SF last Saturday but yes, that is the T-shirt that I was lawfully wed in.

slimpickins5280
on 7/6/13 8:04 am - CO

That is awesome. No pretensions. Just you and him. Perfect.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

VSG on 06/12/13
What a great story to share for decades to come. Congrats!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views