getting impatient

bostonlass
on 7/15/13 4:54 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

I went to meet with my surgeon and now on top of the stress test she wants to have me do a swallow test to see how bad my reflux is so she compare it to after the sleeve.

And....i'm now 222!!! I was just 211 the other day. I'm not pigging out at all. Even substituted my nightly ice cream with a protein shake for goodness sakes!  I just want this over and done with. These things aren't required by my insurance just my docs. I understand them but I'm still frustrated that after each visit I have, once again they cannot schedule me. I just want a date, you know? Something to look forward to. 

/vent

VSG on 06/12/13
I know it seems like endless hurdles, but please realize it's all for the best - this is your health, after all! I had to have both a swallow study and an EKG for my first surgeon, amongst other things. When I switched docs, I got to add a sleep study to the mix, too. They want to know all the details to ensure you won't have troubles post op.

The weight gain is interesting. Are you keeping up with fluids? Is it TOM?

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

bostonlass
on 7/15/13 6:24 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

I had a hysterectomy so no TOM for me. I think it's because I forgot my hydrochlorothiazide yesterday. I have cankles now and you can tell it's fluid. That's what my brain is telling me but the emotional side thinks I'll keep gaining and gaining until the surgery. 

datachick
on 7/15/13 6:22 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Sounds like a good time to start tackling the "I get pissy when things don't go my way" thing. WLS isn't going to cure that. This is more of a head game than a weight game. After WLS, this kind of emotional nuttiness is what will throw you off track pretty quickly.

Trust the surgeon and the process. After all, doing things OUR way didn't really help in the past, right?

:) Hang in there--it'll all work out perfectly.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

bostonlass
on 7/15/13 6:26 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

I know things won't go my way in the future. That's how stuff goes with me. Just wanted to vent though since I know you all would understand the frustration of each slow step to the surgery.  I really had no idea about all of this stuff. I thought you go to orientation then make a surgery date. Boy did I wake up when that didn't happen!!!! I'm just anxious because I know I can't take time off at all in October or November so I really hope I get all this stuff done in time for late August or September. Otherwise I"ll have to wait until December and I just didn't want to be in pain or hormonal over the holidays.

Thanks everyone!

themexcellentone
on 7/15/13 7:11 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

There are way more hoops to jump through than people realize, I think.  Before I had surgery I had to:

• Go to a seminar
  • Have a consult
  • Have a sleep study
  • Have ANOTHER sleep study
  • Have a second consult
  • Have blood work done
  • Have an EKG
  • Have an upper GI
  • Do a 3-week pre-op diet of mostly liquids

THEN I got to have surgery.  If nothing else, all the waiting taught me patience, which is certainly being tested right now as I am one week post-op and on a full liquid diet.  You will get your date soon...just be patient and it will happen!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views