New to site and scheduling VSG soon...all advice welcomed

Slurpee_girl
on 7/18/13 8:21 am - Middletown, MD

Hi, I'm new to the site and hope to schedule VSG soon in Mexico (September hopefully). I am self pay and would love any recommendations for facilities, surgeons, general advice, or how to use this site to the best advantage. I will probably have to travel to Mexico by myself so would love advice in that regard as well. I welcome new friends and live in Maryland. Thanks in advance for your help and insights. :)

great.lakes.girl.
on 7/18/13 12:10 pm
No advice just wanted to say welcome
Slurpee_girl
on 7/18/13 9:07 pm - Middletown, MD
Thanks. I hope your WLS went well.
Slurpee_girl
on 7/20/13 1:53 pm - Middletown, MD

Thanks.

Jennifer L.
on 7/18/13 4:02 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Welcome!!! I loved Dr. Valenzuela! I am very happy, only a bit over a week and I feel fantastic! Recovering quickly! Very happy with my choice (and the price was right too!). 

I also traveled alone, and it was honestly so liberating. Weird being away from my husband and kids, but it was a journey I needed to take alone. I spent alot of time thinking, working, and sleeping. lol I spent some time with the girls I met there but overall, I took time to get my mind in order.

Also, Mexican men can make you feel beautiful again! lol I told my husband he better watch out, I have a Mexican man waiting for me if I wanted! haha

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

pineview01
on 7/20/13 3:28 pm, edited 7/20/13 3:29 pm - Davison, MI

Check out the Mexico boards.  Lot's of good info and reviews of surgeons.  I was doing resear*****ase my insurance wouldn't cover the revision.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views