Four month surgerversay update

Rms928
on 7/20/13 9:31 am
VSG on 03/20/13

Today marks 4 months since my surgery. I am down to 251 lbs. That's a loss of 89 lbs. since the start of my pre op diet and almost 60 since surgery.  I feel great and getting compliments daily from friends and coworkers although it can be a bit embarrassing. My obesity has always forced me into the background and getting compliments on my appearance is not something I'm used to. I think, however I will. 

In the last two weeks I celebrated my 60th birthday and traveled to Los Angeles for business. I was unable to stick to  my diet plan because every meal was at a restaurant including some 5 star ones (Spago's YUM!).  I also drank wine most days and scotch a few nights.  The bad new is I gained two pounds.  The good news is I've lost the two pounds plus another two this week!  I stayed on track with my exercise while I was away and when I got back and that's why I think I've been able to maintain.  I also haven't had any alcohol since my return.  None of us are perfect and falling off the food wagon will happen. The important thing is to get right back on plan. My sleeve has enabled me to do that. 

For all of you considering this surgery you have to appreciate the restriction and reduced appetite. Choose correctly and you will loose.  I have about 70 lbs to reach goal. I am confident I will get there. I faced the food and alcohol demons last week and conquered them with the help of my mighty sleeve!  

I've seen some people here on the OB forum name their sleeve and thought maybe that was a little silly. I've changed my mind and think I should come up with a name for mine. Thor?  Godzilla?  The Mighty "S"?  Help me out.  Give me you suggestion :).  

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

gonna-be-sexy-nana
on 7/21/13 7:46 am - CO
VSG on 09/30/13

mine will be Victorya, for my final victory to overcome my weight issues I have had since I was a child!  hmmm considering you are near to my age bracket lets try something from our era like Buck Rogers (Buck the fat) or Flash Gordon (weight gone in a Flash) 

Phyllis

lymphedemagirl
on 7/21/13 1:14 pm

Congratulations on the sucess of your hard work.   Never thought about naming my sleeve.  could be fun

Gail

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views