FIVE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:01 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

What a difference five years makes!!!! I don't even know what to think about that. My whole life has changed so many times over in the last half decade. And I can honestly say it has been with zero effort:))) Dr. Alvarez gave me my life back. I don't even remember myself as a 275 pound girl. I am holding steady at 145 which at 5'8" is perfect for me. I got to this weight around 9 or 10 months post op. I had a breast lift/augment, tummy tuck, and thigh lift in May 2012 and couldn't be more proud of those results. I wish I had gone ahead and done the full body lift but the front side of my body is AMAZING. I will try to remember how to upload some new pics. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have any questions or hesitations about having this surgery ask me anything.

Create Your Own Ticker Create a New Ticker

*10 pounds lost pre-op

Joy M.
on 7/22/13 12:04 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

How much would you say u exercise 5 years out?

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:32 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

Not nearly enough. I did great the first year. If you'll read my blog you would think I made up the saga that followed my surgery. I went thru a brutal divorce and went thru a severe depression for about a year. My ex husband sent me an email from Korea after 8 years of marriage and said he didn't want to be married to me anymore. Two weeks post op. And then he disconnected his phone. For survival and just because I didn't know what else to do I went to a trainer three times a week for several months and that helped heal my mind and body. He taught me the tools I needed so I can work out a full body routine at home with hand weights and a yoga ball. Since then I had to get a full time job as a single mother and it's been harder to work out regularly. I have found though that if you at least get in 1 brisk walk a day for about 30 minutes that's enough to maintain as long as you don't eat too ridiculous. And I'll be totally honest....I eat what I want. I am getting more dedicated to eating the way I should but if I want a sweet or dinner out I have it. With that being said dinner out will still feed me four to five meals because I cannot get much more than a childs plate down. Hope I helped some. Message me anytime if I can help you with anything else:)

Joy M.
on 7/22/13 12:40 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

Oh I'm so sorry u had such an emotional struggle right after surgery. It shows ur strength that instead of turning to food for comfort u worked out. God bless.

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:43 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

Everything happens for an amazing reason. It devastated me at the time. But I found myself and made a life for myself and my son and for the first time in my life I really really like myself. There's a time and a purpose for all things. My ex husband gave me my son. And for that I will be forever grateful.

loverofcats
on 7/22/13 12:15 pm

Congratulations on your phenomenal success!! I love reading about success stories of people that are 5 years out. It is truly inspirational.

what are your tools for success?

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:40 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

I don't know that I have any. I'm just living because I have my life back. I feel alive. I enjoy being alive. So I do what I want. I don't deprive myself of anything I want to have. I know they say have 3 meals a day and that's it, but I have PCOS so I eat every two to three hours so I don't get headaches and hypoglycemic from my insulin not working properly. I don't feel like a good role model. But I don't overindulge, if I have a craving I have a little bit, and I try to eat small and boring and bland through the week so I can have a nice meal out on the weekend. I get out and play with my son. I go out with my girlfriends. I go fishing with  my boyfriend. And I try to walk. If nothing else walking burns calories, gets you out in the sunshine, it's free, and it releases those endorphins.

lsereno
on 7/22/13 12:19 pm - CA

Thanks for posting! Congrats on more than 4 years at goal!

Lynda

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:44 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

Thank you so much!!!!! Biggest achievement ever besides my sweet precious boy:)

lrg2008
on 7/22/13 12:50 pm - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with

I posted a new photo album. There are a few grown upish ones but I don't have a problem sharing the finished product so you can see that there are hot bodies to be had after losing half your body weight...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views