I am a protein snob, but this was amazing!

Bella_Fein
on 7/24/13 10:39 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I'm sorry, I have tried, but I just despise protein shakes. I have found a few that I can stomach. Like the Mint Cookie! Yum! That one saved my life when I was on liquids. I only drink them now when I can't get my protein goal other wise, BUT!!!! Thanks to Miss Nik over at Bariatric Foodie, I have a shake that I love! Oh my! Even my husband who doesn't do protein shakes and despises artificial sweeteners said, "It's pretty good!"

Salted Caramel Protein Hot Chocolate! Oh. My. Sweet Baby Jesus!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

lil1inside
on 7/24/13 11:00 am
VSG on 07/10/13

That sounds wonderful, I will have to try this.  Thanks!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

sarapilar
on 7/24/13 3:58 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Does the ho****er kill the protein - make it damaged?  it does with Unjury's chicken Soup....

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Bella_Fein
on 7/25/13 4:29 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

From what I have found ho****er does not kill or damage the protein. If so you wouldn't be able to make muffins and cakes with it. The problem people have is how they mix it. If you had really ho****er to dry protein mix it will clump up and there is nothing you can do to get rid of the lumps. If you add the protein to some liquid first until it is a smooth mixture or paste you can then add boiling water slowly to get a lump free drink.

"Denaturation of proteins involves the disruption and possible destruction of both the secondary and tertiary structures. Since denaturation reactions are not strong enough to break the peptide bonds, the primary structure (sequence of amino acids) remains the same after a denaturation process. Denaturation disrupts the normal alpha-helix and beta sheets in a protein and uncoils it into a random shape."

Basically it changes the protein, but it does not break the bonds. It's still there and still absorbable, it is just different now. It is the same as protein in an egg. Once an egg is cooked it still has the same protein it is just different.

Here is a good visual.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active