Anyone have their gallbladder out after WLS?

angieg0410
on 8/8/13 12:54 am - OK

Mine is coming out on Aug 20.  Anyone care to share experiences? 

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

rissa1224
on 8/8/13 1:00 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

MEEEE! I was a little over 3 months post VSG when I had my 1 and only attack at work. I had no idea what was going on, on the way to the ER it stopped and I called my surgeon and a week later I had surgery. I do not heal well from surgery nor do I like/take pain meds so my recovery was rough, harder than VSG.

At first with foods it would literally make me go diarrhea for the first 2 weeks after almost anything I ate. To this day (I had it 3/20/13) some things still go right through me, but it isnt bad, once its out its out!

stephanieplum
on 8/8/13 1:20 am
VSG on 06/27/12
I just had mine removed 4 weeks ago! Piece of cake compared to VSG. You'll be fine

bxbeba
on 8/8/13 1:39 am - NY

Had mine out in May 2013 after 3-1/2 years VSG surgery - had no problem with gallbladder removal.  A little diarrhea for a couple of days and I still need to be a bit cautious with foods that have to much fat in them. 

Good Luck!

abbyluwho
on 8/8/13 5:51 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

I had mine out pre-wls, and that surgery was cake compared to my VSG!  You will find that some foods won't overly agree with you any more, and you won't be able to take Fish Oil supplements (unless you like constant fish burps), but it's worth it!  Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views