Little breakdown.

megan.sherman
on 8/9/13 1:27 am
VSG on 05/17/14

This is so silly.  Yesterday, I ordered a delicious sandwich from a local deli. I have been bringing lunches into work for months and decided to treat myself yesterday.  I intended on buying a 6 inch sandwich but when I got to the counter, my stomach got the best of me and I ordered a 12 inch.  It took every ounce of will power not to eat the whole thing and I wrapped up the second half and put it into the fridge at work, looking forward to having it for lunch today. ( I work in a residential mental health program and one of the residents living here has access to the fridge.)  When I opened the fridge to get my bottle of water this morning, my sandwich was GONE!  I don't know if it's because I have PMS or because I was just so disappointed and frustrated over the loss of my sandwich, but I almost cried. I also have nothing else to have for lunch so I am going to be starving all day since the only food I had at work was a yogurt and an apple.  Now that it's a few hours later, I can laugh at my reaction, but at the time it sure wasn't funny!

TGIF and I don't have to even think about work for the whole weekend!

mickeymantle
on 8/9/13 1:40 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

its karma you where going to overeat with that sandwich so the gods took it away from you

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 8/9/13 2:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I really hate those food thieves at the office :-(   I don't typically advocate eating protein bars but this kind of thing is the reason I keep one in my desk drawer at work.   For emergencies like this. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Nikke2003
on 8/9/13 3:32 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I can understand the feeling emotional about things that aren't that big of a deal (in the grand scheme of things)... hang in there! I'm guessing you are pre-op?

I notice that we have the same surgeon (you're the first person I have seen on this site with the same surgeon). Are you in the supervised diet process?

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

cappy11448
on 8/9/13 3:34 am

I found I was very emotional the first few months of weight loss.  Many hormones are fat soluble, and I think they get released as you burn the excess fat.  I just tried to step back and watch it happening, but it did make me emotional.

I'm glad you are cutting back on food in preparation for your surgery.  You'll be so glad to have that extra weight loss once under your belt by the time you start the process.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Debra M.
on 8/9/13 4:08 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Speaking of sandwiches, I go to my local Subway and order my 6 inch club sandwich with American cheese toasted without bread, add on the vegetables and just love it. The Subway folks were a little skeptical at first, but now know what to expect when they see me coming. I eat half my 6 incher for lunch and the rest for dinner.

You are going to love your sleeve.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views