I'M HUNGRY!!!

sunshine66
on 8/11/13 6:38 am

Hi All~ VSG surgery on 6/27/13 and am down about 62lbs.  I seem to be hungry all the time lately.  Here is an example of what I ate today:

breakfast~ premiere protein shake

lunch~small handful of shredded turkey

snack~ dill pickle

drinking lots of H2O/vitamins

haven't had supper yet.

Am I not getting enough protein......is that the problem?  What is an example of what some of you eat in a normal day.  I'm getting reading to head back to school as a Para and don't want to get into any old bad habits.  Wanting to plan my days of eating accordingly.  Please help with suggestions. 

WorkItOutWoman
on 8/11/13 6:54 am
Where is your dense protein? How much is a small handful?

Chicken. Eggs. Yogurt. More water.

BoutThatLife

TexasTerritory
on 8/11/13 6:54 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Just My humble opinion, I don't think you are getting enough protein. I don't know if protein reduces hunger pains but I am taking in 75-90 grams of protein daily and don't feel any hunger. Good luck with school.

katym
on 8/11/13 6:57 am - PA

Hi,

Every time you eat is a chance to get protein, so instead of a pickle have a snack w/protein, like a cheese stick or hard boiled egg. Both of those items are easy to eat on the go and only about 70 calories. Protein really does promote satiety. I also found the foil packets of tuna very helpful though my coworkers thought it odd that I would eat it straight out of the packet (I never did like mayo even before surgery !). 

Good luck with the start of school.

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

Nancybefree
on 8/11/13 7:48 am
VSG on 11/21/12

You might want to try four meals a day rather than three meals and a "snack."  If you can space your protein out more or less equally among the four meals, as per whatever protein goal your surgeon or nutritionist gave you, you might feel more satisfied.  With some planning you should be able to do that and not exceed any calorie or protein goals you've been given.

Are you weighing/measuring and logging everything you eat?

I have to agree with previous posters that, if this is a true example of your daily intake, barring whatever you normally eat for dinner, your intake does seem to be protein-deficient. 

Some protein suggestions to add to the ones you've  already received:  canned chicken, salmon, catfish, reduced-fat cheeses SPARINGLY, egg whites, turkey pepperoni, ham, low-fat deli turkey and ham; turkey sausages.  Many people can eat lean beef. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

sillymilly
on 8/11/13 8:06 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I was told 5-6 small meals a day.  You can find some suggestions by reading the "what are you eating today" threads that are posted on here every day.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

MsVonne
on 8/11/13 2:46 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Hi,

Try Unjury protein powder it taste good and it is filling it is Whey Protein Isolate which is recogmended my doctor. You can order it from www.unjury.com it has no carbs, sugar or gluton try it out you will start to lose again.  Have 2 shakes a day.

LaVonne

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views