Transition from Full Liquid to Soft Pureed

mmmesser
on 8/13/13 2:04 am
So, I started the soft pureed portion of my post-op diet yesterday. I did a tablespoon of soft scrambled egg and a tbsp. of mashed banana....waited before and after before drinking anything per typical. Barely got down the 8 oz. protein shake and water. Did a tbsp. of blended tuna and low fat mayo and a tbsp. of yogurt. Did jus****er. Then a couple of tbsp. of soup I love. Waited and forced another 8 oz. of protein shake and water.

Keep in mind I did 2 weeks pre-op of full liquid (basically soup and protein shakes).

Anyway, this morning I woke up feeling nauseated. So, just did a tbsp. of scrambled egg...waited and drank a bit of water...waited...and now doing a tbsp. of yogurt with my vitamin mixed in. I'm thinking I can do the water but will only be able to do one 8 oz. shake today.

Also, to add to all this...I've had to take Midol yesterday and have been in more pain than I have in years related to that little visitor.

Has anyone else had difficulty with transitioning to soft pureed foods? Any suggestions? I want to get my protein in but just thinking about forcing it in while barely getting down what I need for mealtimes without getting nauseated is a feat.

Blah. i'm hoping this might take a few days before it will get better. It has too I suppose.

Member Services
on 8/13/13 2:15 am - Irvine, CA

Give it time it will get better   Try calling your surgeons office as well as asking for help here from your fellow members. Talk to the nutritionist and see if they can make some suggestions to help you with your transition.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey!

mmmesser
on 8/13/13 2:44 am
Thanks! I will see how this goes and if it continues for more than today and tomorrow I will definitely call the NUT to see if I can eat more frequently to get protein in that way with only one shake a day. Or something. Either way, thanks again.
mickeymantle
on 8/13/13 3:11 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

midol is an nsaid that you should not be taking without your surgeons permission

are you drinking the protein shake with the eggs ? I would skip the banana it is high carbs low protein

you should try to eat 1 new food at a time to see how you sleeve likes it , take your time it will get better

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

claimmaster
on 8/13/13 3:17 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

When I went to the soft food stage, I found I felt stuffed all the time.  It was very uncomfortable, and I also had a hard time getting in my liquids.  So I backed off the food and went back to more liquids, and just had soft food for 1 or maybe 2 of my 5 mini meals a day.  (Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner)  I felt SO much better.  I still can't eat too much solid food or I have trouble getting in my liquids, so I'm taking it really slowly.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

mmmesser
on 8/13/13 7:15 am
Yeah...the nsaids are fine. Although I didn't take any more and suffering the pain just in case. I forgot about just adding one thing at a time to make sure my sleeve likes it. So, there's that. I have been feeling better since the day has progressed. I'm doing my shake now. I didn't do a mashed banana today...not a big fan of bananas (although I used to be). Thanks for info.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views