Tomato soup at 1 week?

Shamrocks241
on 8/15/13 3:12 pm - CA
Does anyone know of a reason why I could not have puréed tomato soup 1 week after surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/13 4:43 pm

The acid in tomatoes is very high and it would have bothered me that early out.

Deckeriv
on 8/15/13 8:20 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

You could probably try it after two or three weeks and see how it sits on your stomach. I tried some V8 about a month out and couldn't handle it. Good luck.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

G5x5
on 8/15/13 8:22 pm - VA
My doc went two weeks of clear liquids and then straight to mushy foods. Don't go to full liquids unless he clears you for that specifically. Seems like different docs have different protocols.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

SophieNJ
on 8/15/13 8:46 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

hate to go against vets, but I had it when I got to full liquids, and no problems...found it very soothing and filling...everyone is different.  I always had an 'iron stomach', and apparently still have it...only it's a mini iron stomach now.

if you can wait, put it off a few weeks....

Good luck and congrats on the wls

sophie

NewNatinIl
on 8/15/13 11:41 pm

I don't know. On my full liquid sheet, V8 was written as something I could have.  I started full liquids at 5 days.  I didn't have a problem with V8, but never had more than 1 cup a day.  I'm just over 2 weeks post op.

Mr-Smith
on 8/16/13 12:22 am - Hillsdale, MI

At a week out, my goals were fluids and protein. Tomato soup didn't fit in my budget since it didn't offer much protein but with a scoop of whey powder, thinned it would probably work out.  If you arn't having any issues, you could try it I suppose, take it slow.

At a week I was drinking 1oz shots of V8 juice a couple times a day.  I was also doing 1oz of wheatgrass juice a day diluted in water.  By three weeks out, I was able to drink wheatgrass juice straight up.  Do not do wheatgrass post-op unless you've done it consistently pre-op, it will mess you up!

I probably could have done thinned tomato soup at a week.  At two weeks out I was able to take Amy's organic southwester Fire Roasted soup, blended, strained, thinned with skim milk and with 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein.  Loved that combo!

YMMV, my sleeve has been rock solid from the start, no real dietary, acid or nausea issues at all, just restriction. I don't even get hickups, slimmies, dumping nothing.  It's just a tinny tummy which is perfect.

My advice is follow your doctors orders, progress your diet slowly and listen to your body, add protein to everything, drink lots of water, walk sleep. 

Akidd1012
on 8/16/13 1:43 am - KY
VSG on 07/25/13

Tomato soup was on my list for full liquids, that I started day 8. It was one of my staples. I would buy the Campbell's grab n go ones. I could only drink 1/3 at a time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 334 views