Is it hunger??

f4eva
on 8/17/13 4:52 am

I was sleeved on 8/8/13 and am now on full liquids.  I have not started vitamins yet because I ordered them online and they have not arrived, same thing with protein shakes.  I do, however, stick to my 4 ozs of what I am allowed every few ours plus I'm sipping water all day long.  My doctor prescribed a PPI for 30 days which I take every morning.

I feel what I'm pretty sure is hunger.  I shouldn't be feeling hungry nor would I think it's acid.  If it isn't hunger, what else could it be?   Has anyone else experienced this?

VSG on 06/12/13
Keep in mind that your nerves got cut during surgery, as well. I have always heard that they are "funky" as they are healing. My sensation of "hunger" has changed as I have healed.

I do still feel hunger but it is a totally different sensation than ever before. It is like an empty feeling and it goes away if I have anything to eat. It could also be that you are feeling some breakthrough acid, which feels rumbly/bubbly to me but YMMV.

Good luck!
Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Krisee122
on 8/17/13 5:04 am

I was sleeved on 08/05 and I had the same feeling. Its been about two weeks and I can tell you the more I heal the less I feel it. I actually asked my doctor she said its not hunger its just your sleeve working. Its goes away once you start adding more protein to your diet.

f4eva
on 8/17/13 7:26 am

Sorry but what is YMMV?

mkvand
on 8/17/13 8:29 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Your mileage may vary.

f4eva
on 8/17/13 7:25 am

Ok, thanks.  That kind of makes sense because I probably haven't been "drinking" as much protein as I should.  I will try to raise it.

Thanks again to both of you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views