Weird Pain

teachernikki
on 8/21/13 3:26 am - Lewiston, ME

I am 8 weeks out, crazy to think. However last night under my rib cage on both sides, mostly my right, up under my right breast and around to my back has had this weird dull aching pain. Its almost as if I have had a rope tied so tight around my body right under my bust line. Nothing makes it better or worse. Just an aching pain.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be causing it? 

Thanks,

Nikki :)

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

lnettles1963
on 8/21/13 3:41 am
VSG on 07/12/13

First, when you say right side, it makes me think gall bladder, that is not something to play around with. You need to get that checked.

I have had the same issue for about two weeks, but mine is on both sides, front and back and under my breasts. Feels like bruised ribs or pulled muscles. I am only 5 weeks out but went in and seen my surgeon about it. Of course in my mind, I had a leak or something awful was going wrong. Even my bra which was stretched out felt to tight.

She told me she thought it was muscles, that now that I am losing and doing more or different things I am using muscles I did not use before. She said that I needed physical therapy or to join the gym and work on strengthening my Core muscles. That when we are overweight we walk or carry ourselves differently then we do now that we are losing.

She told me to not be surprised when I get other aches and pains that my body is changing and has to adjust.

Anyway, I have been paying attention to how I am standing, sitting and laying. making sure my posture is good.

Also, I have been going to bed at night and putting an ice pack on my ribs, It helps.

I'm not a DR so if it keeps up, you need to get checked out. 

Best WIshes!!!!!

Yocie
on 8/21/13 4:51 am
VSG on 11/06/12

It does sound like gallbladder pain. The most common area for pain is under the right rib cage and around the back, in the right shoulder blade area. I needed mine removed 5 months after sleeve surgery, and I feel much better now.  People have "attacks", but you can also have stones or sludge that cause a constant pain, sometimes worse than others. I'd talk to your Dr. that did your surgery and let him know what's going on.

I wish you well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views