Its been 2 Years!!!

boomercd
on 8/24/13 12:45 pm - OH

Well it has been 2 years and I can finally say I feel whole, I feel wonderful And Im so happy.

Dr Choban and Mt Carmel Hospital did a wonderful job, Dr was right I have gained back about 5 pounds from my lowest but Ive been the same for the last 3 months, I stay right at 154 and 155, I have not changed anything, i cant eat the volume of food some say they eat but then I'm not trying either, I eat till I'm full and stop..... had some real problems with giving myself permission to leave food on my plate, that was hard for me, I was taught that you eat what you put on your plate.....and I still put too much on mine, but I'm getting better

I'm a lot more active and LOVE to be outside.

Sometimes when I review my earlier post, I have to resist the urge to delete some of them, some are painful for me to read, but they are honest and are important parts of this process, I don't think I was prepared for the mental part and certainly did not realize how much of me had been consumed by my weight, BUT IM BACK it really did take a full year and a half to 2 years, you would think that getting rid of the weight would be the hard part but for me the mental healing was more of a chore.

I have not had plastics and I dont know if I will, the extra skin has gotten better my arms and tummy are not as bad as I thought it would be, if I was younger it might bother me more but I'm 52 and have an amazing husband. who supports me, it doesn't bother him, So who knows. there are a few things that do bother me, my legs, where I carried most of my weight, still looks like a loose pair of PJs and my breast are a total loss, my face and neck have gotten some better too, so I still have not ruled it out yet.

So if you are still on the fence about having a VSG....... find a good Dr and GO FOR IT!!!, you are worth it, yes it does take some work but the rewards are worth it Im thankful that I found this sight for support and a wonderful Dr. things really did fall in to place for me and I'm soooo thankful

hang in there regardless of where you are in the process, you have OH and you CAN do this.
claimmaster
on 8/24/13 1:14 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Thanks.  I need the encouragement!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

boomercd
on 8/24/13 1:38 pm - OH
I have no doubt you can do this, congrats on starting the process and Im wishing you continued success.

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Nmmsg
on 8/24/13 9:47 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
Thanksfor the wise words. I am still trying to get the portions right- today I know less is better & don't eat that one extra spoonful!

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

boomercd
on 8/24/13 11:32 pm - OH
Your welcome!, and you are doing great!! keep up the good work it really does get better

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Ingrid K.
on 8/24/13 9:49 pm - Canada
What a great attitude!!! I am so happy that wls changed your life (with a lot of hard work too!!!). All the best to you
boomercd
on 8/24/13 11:34 pm - OH
Thanks, and all the best to you too.

HW297 SW269 CW149.2

cappy11448
on 8/24/13 9:49 pm

Thanks for posting. So good to hear of your success and your great job maintaining the loss.  Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

boomercd
on 8/25/13 2:38 am - OH
you are welcome, we all need encouragment from time to time, but looks like you are doing very well working with your sleeve, it does get more like second nature after a while, youll do fine congrats to you!!!

HW297 SW269 CW149.2

tdallison
on 8/25/13 2:35 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Thank you for your post and encouraging words.  I am being sleeved tomorrow so hearing how people are doing long term helps alot.

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 222 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 302 views