Need help with grab on the go lunch ideas...

Anne64
on 8/27/13 6:08 am
VSG on 06/19/13

I had a moment this week where I ended up on the road when I didn't think I would be.  I stopped at taco bell and got a soft shell chicken taco and refried beans....scooped the chicken into the beans and through out the tortilla. It was pretty good.

Anne

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

Shagdoll
on 8/27/13 6:39 am

I hear ya about the lack of fast food fish joints.  There is "Long John Silvers" and it's yummy but everything is breaded.  I wish I could drive thru and get a grilled Tilapia or grilled shrimp there ... that would be awesome!!!  Salad bars can be good options if we stay away from the salad dressings.  Those calories add up fast!  I prefer to go to salad bars that have cottage cheese because I like to use that in place of salad dressing.  The good thing about Chik-Fil-A is that they also have their grilled chicken salad and have a fat free honey mustard dressing, yum!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

cappy11448
on 8/27/13 7:27 am

A lot of places around here have Cobb salads with grilled chicken.  I eat a portion and take the rest home... 

I don't know if you are totally averse to cooking, but I make low carb meatballs, and stick them in the freezer - one ounce each so I can grab them and just add a sauce.   I also buy rotissary chickens from the grocery store and each chicken yields about 6 servings, and again, I can grab 3 ounces of chicken and then vary the sauces (spicy peanut sauce, BBQ sauce, mayo and vinegar to make chicken salad, pesto sauce from trader joes, etc.)  Again, these may be better for home than on the road.  But they really help me get three high protein, low carb meals every day without having to cook too much.

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

A. Kondrlik
on 8/27/13 7:30 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Chipotle has a salad you can get whatever kind of protein you want, top it with salsa and fajita veggies---yum

Since I started back to work I have packed my lunch every day.  The night before, I pack my lunch and 2 snacks to eat at work.  This has played  major part in my success.  I have control over what I eat and just don't make do at a fast food restauraunt.

I have had the gilled nuggets at Chik fil a with a fruit cup, that was pretty good

Easy grabbable lunch---tuna and salmon pouches, deli turkey wrapped around a cheese stick, last nights leftovers, hardboiled eggs, greek yogurt with fruit mixed in.  If you have a GFS near you you can buy the little throw away 6 oz containers with lids---- really cheap to pack leftovers in.

The problem with fast foods is  for me guesstimating portion size

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views